I wrote about Tile when they were on Kickstarter back in 2014. I thought it was a clever tool for people like my sister who are constantly losing their car keys or travelers that keep misplacing their phones. Now fully launched, Tile is a tiny Bluetooth tracker that looks like an oversized Scrabble letter that you either attach, stick or place on any item that you tend to lose. When you can’t find your item, you just go into the Tile app on your phone and track it down with a tap of a button. If you can’t find your phone, you can just press one of your Tiles to make the phone ring—even if it’s on silent. It’s brilliant.
The kicker is that it works using Bluetooth, so your Tile has to be within a 100-foot range of you. If by chance you lose it outside of the 100-foot range, you can ask other Tile users to help. The feature is 100% private, so no one knows you’re looking for a lost item but you. See the video above for more info. Prices are really reasonable at just $25 for one Tile, $70 for four or $130 for 8.
They also offer Tile Slim which is the world’s thinnest Bluetooth tracker—as thin as 2 credit cards. Easy to stick, slide or tuck into tight spots like wallets, purses, passports and more.
Do you use Tile? Leave a comment below and let us know how you like it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.