Have you ever needed to open a bottled beverage like beer or glass-bottle Coke and been without a bottle opener? At some point, whether traveling or at home, most people have run into this problem.
Fortunately, somewhere in my travels I learned how to open a bottle without a bottle opener. An easy way, too. You don’t need to use your teeth or the table or anything crazy like that. All you need is a belt. To demonstrate that it works, I made a short video of myself opening a bottle with it, which is below (and on YouTube):
More helpful tips and tools for the road
If you’ve ever wondered how to open a bottle without a bottle opener, you’ve probably found yourself in need of other tools while traveling, too. When you leave home, you leave many of your everyday conveniences behind. Things like miniature screwdrivers, clotheslines, laundry detergent, and even a mini plunger (see below) can be a big help when you find yourself in a pickle in an unfamiliar place. So plan ahead. Before your next trip, consider bringing some of these items:
- This Belt Has a Screwdriver Head and More Tools Built Into It
- The Clothesline Every Traveler Needs
- Travel Product of the Week: Scrubba Wash Bag
- Bring a Small Screwdriver
- Travel Product of the Week: Dynamo Illuminator Wind-up LED Flashlight
- The Keyport Pivot: The Swiss Army Knife of Keys
- The Waterproof, Easy-to-Use Toiletry Kit That Every Traveler Needs
- A Home for Your Toothbrush, Razor & More in the Shower
- This Travel Accessory Makes It Easy to Mount Your Device and Watch Movies on a Plane
- Bring a Carabiner to Help Keep Your Luggage Secure
- Bring a Bungee Cord for Added Safety
- Why You Should Bring a Mini Plunger When You Travel
- Bring a Set of Plasticware
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.