Have you ever needed to open a bottled beverage like beer or glass-bottle Coke and been without a bottle opener? At some point, whether traveling or at home, most people have run into this problem.
Fortunately, somewhere in my travels I learned how to open a bottle without a bottle opener. An easy way, too. You don’t need to use your teeth or the table or anything crazy like that. All you need is a belt. To demonstrate that it works, I made a short video of myself opening a bottle with it, which is below (and on YouTube):
More helpful tips and tools for the road
If you’ve ever wondered how to open a bottle without a bottle opener, you’ve probably found yourself in need of other tools while traveling, too. When you leave home, you leave many of your everyday conveniences behind. Things like miniature screwdrivers, clotheslines, laundry detergent, and even a mini plunger (see below) can be a big help when you find yourself in a pickle in an unfamiliar place. So plan ahead. Before your next trip, consider bringing some of these items:
- This Belt Has a Screwdriver Head and More Tools Built Into It
- The Clothesline Every Traveler Needs
- Travel Product of the Week: Scrubba Wash Bag
- Bring a Small Screwdriver
- Travel Product of the Week: Dynamo Illuminator Wind-up LED Flashlight
- The Keyport Pivot: The Swiss Army Knife of Keys
- The Waterproof, Easy-to-Use Toiletry Kit That Every Traveler Needs
- A Home for Your Toothbrush, Razor & More in the Shower
- This Travel Accessory Makes It Easy to Mount Your Device and Watch Movies on a Plane
- Bring a Carabiner to Help Keep Your Luggage Secure
- Bring a Bungee Cord for Added Safety
- Why You Should Bring a Mini Plunger When You Travel
- Bring a Set of Plasticware
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.