How to Remember Your Room Number or Parking Spot
Before the pandemic, I was traveling so much that I sometimes forgot what my hotel room number was or where I had parked my car.
Heck, even when I wasn’t traveling so much, I still had embarrassing encounters, like the time I went to LAX for a media event and came back and thought for sure someone had stolen my car. I had remembered the parking level and number but after having a security guy help me, he finally said, “Could it be in the structure next door?” The parking structures are attached and the buildings are identical, as are the parking space numbers.
After that incident, I now always take a quick picture of my hotel room door or my parking spot number with my phone. If you’re parked in a really large parking structure, like at at the airport or at a stadium, also take a photo of the column or section you’re parked in. It’s so simple, and yet it can save you so much time and frustration.
Want more travel tips? Subscribe to the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Simply fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.