January and early February have always been a slow period for New York City. Once the New Year’s Eve crowd heads home, Big Apple hotel rooms usually sit vacant. Since it’s a downturn, NYC & Company, the tourism board for the city has just created a brilliant campaign with their first-ever NYC Hotel Week.
Between now and February 13, you can get 22% off stays at a variety of New York’s most popular hotels. You just need to book at nycgo.com/nyc-hotel-week but as always, search other sites as well to make sure they have the best deal. I have a partnership with a hotel wholesale supplier, which you can use to cross-reference rates. Just keep in mind, you most likely won’t get elite benefits or points and rooms are non-refundable (which is why they’re so much cheaper).
Bottom line: NYC Hotel Week is a smart campaign since hotels were already offering lower rates this time of year so it makes sense to market it the same way NYC Restaurant Week is, which runs around the same time. It’s a smart way to create a buzz.
Unfortunately, with Covid-19 running rampant in the city, this probably isn’t the best time to be going but things might be better in a couple of weeks since it seems much of the city’s population already has the virus.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.