Getting sick while you’re traveling is no fun. This website and app have been around for a while and I wrote about it in 2015 but it’s worth revisiting again during these difficult times when health is on everyone’s mind. I’m surprised how many people don’t know about or use GoodRx.com, including my own family members. This service is especially good for travelers who are exploring the USA because God forbid someone gets sick or needs some kind of medication in an unfamiliar place, this is the website or app to have bookmarked.
GoodRx not only shows you the closest pharmacy to you, wherever you are in the US, but more importantly, it also finds the cheapest pharmacy to pick up prescriptions in your area. Many Americans don’t realize that prescription prices vary wildly from pharmacy to pharmacy, so GoodRx is really helpful in saving you money … especially in this economy where every dollar counts.
All you need to do is type in the name of the drug you were prescribed, enter the area code and compare the costs. It’s that simple. It’s free and available on iOS, on Android and at GoodRx.com.
Here at home, we typically fill our prescriptions at the CVS at Target because it’s convenient but since they don’t always have the lowest price, it’s always a good idea to compare the cost with other local pharmacies. That’s why it’s also a good idea to either have your doctor give you a written prescription that you can take to the pharmacy of your choosing or ask them to wait while you choose your pharmacy before they call it in for you. It will take you less than a minute to compare costs on GoodRx and it’s well worth the time.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.