My buddy Dan Nainan (here’s my “39 Travel Questions” interview with him) turned me onto WindowSwap. It’s a fantastic website to feature while everyone is advised to stay home unless for essential travel.
I haven’t been on a plane since late February, which is the longest I’ve gone in my adult life, and one of the things I miss most are the wonderful views I’ve had from countless hotel rooms, apartment rentals and friends’ and family’s houses.
If you’re jonesing for a new view, I recommend you check out WindowSwap to get a 10-minute recorded view from someone’s window. If you don’t like the view or have a short attention span, then keep clicking “open a new window somewhere else in the world.” It’s very entertaining and calming.
The site features windows from around the world and I mean almost everywhere. From Amsterdam to Zhlobim, Belarus. From big cities to the countryside. It’s really a fantastic idea.
Anyone can submit their view. According to the site, the requirements are “a 10-minute, horizontal HD video of your window and frame, with your first name and location for credits.. Alternatively, If you can upload your video to vimeo.com and send us the link you will be doing us a HUGE favor.” Just keep in mind that there is audio so make sure you don’t say anything you don’t want shared around the world.
WindowSwap’s description says they’re “here to fill that deep void in our wanderlust hearts by allowing us to look through someone else’s window, somewhere in the world, for a while. A place on the internet where all we travel hungry fools share our ‘window views’ to help each other feel a little bit better till we can (responsibly) explore our beautiful planet again.”
If you prefer a live view, I found this YouTube Channel to help quell my travel jitters. I also love this Sydney webcam and if you’re a nature, lover you absolutely have to check out this live bear cam (during summer months) of grizzlies fishing for salmon in an Alaskan river.
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.