Did you know that tomorrow—Friday, March 15—is World Sleep Day? If you often feel tired, you’re not alone, and in fact that’s the reason this day has been created. According to the World Sleep Day website: “Time and time again, sleep medicine professionals and researchers came up against the belief that sleep was not important enough in personal health and well-being to be a priority. That coupled with society’s 24/7 flow, the founders of this awareness event aim to celebrate the importance of healthy sleep.” In the spirit of this little-known holiday, and because we all know how tough it can be to sleep in a hotel if the conditions aren’t just right, here are some tips and products to help you get better sleep in your next hotel room.
If you have your own tried-and-true methods, please make sure to share them in the comments!
- Request a room away from the elevators and ice machine
- Make sure your room isn’t a connecting room
- Don’t get a room overlooking the pool
- Don’t forget to hang the “Do Not Disturb” sign on your room door when you hit the hay
- Set your thermostat accordingly before you sleep (according to the National Sleep Foundation, the ideal sleeping temperature is between 60ºF and 67ºF)
Travel Products To Help You Sleep Better
Have your own tips or products?
If you have your own thoughts on how to sleep better in a hotel—your own strategies or favorite products, maybe—please share them in the comments below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.