I just returned from Chicago where I spoke at the Travel & Adventure Show. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare, which like most airport hotels is noisy. Not only do you hear planes buzzing but you also hear guests parading through the hallways at all hours of the night. When I heard a kid screaming through the wall next door I thought for sure I wasn’t going to get any sleep.
Then, on one of the nightstand tables, I noticed a sound machine that had a variety of options: white noise, rain, thunder, brook, and summer night. I usually just use earplugs when I’m in a noisy hotel but I thought I’d give the machine a shot during my afternoon nap—and OMG! I had one of my best sleeps in a long time and it made me realize sound machines are way better for sleep than ear plugs. Not only do you sleep more soundly, but they’re also safer (in there’s ever an emergency/fire alarm or an intruder, you’ll still hear it/them).
The best part about these sound machines is that you don’t need to buy one. Instead, you can download one of the many free apps onto your phone or log on to CalmSound.com, which provides sounds of the ocean, thunderstorm, rainforest, rain, country garden, and a relaxing mix all for free.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.