I just returned from Chicago where I spoke at the Travel & Adventure Show. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare, which like most airport hotels is noisy. Not only do you hear planes buzzing but you also hear guests parading through the hallways at all hours of the night. When I heard a kid screaming through the wall next door I thought for sure I wasn’t going to get any sleep.
Then, on one of the nightstand tables, I noticed a sound machine that had a variety of options: white noise, rain, thunder, brook, and summer night. I usually just use earplugs when I’m in a noisy hotel but I thought I’d give the machine a shot during my afternoon nap—and OMG! I had one of my best sleeps in a long time and it made me realize sound machines are way better for sleep than ear plugs. Not only do you sleep more soundly, but they’re also safer (in there’s ever an emergency/fire alarm or an intruder, you’ll still hear it/them).
The best part about these sound machines is that you don’t need to buy one. Instead, you can download one of the many free apps onto your phone or log on to CalmSound.com, which provides sounds of the ocean, thunderstorm, rainforest, rain, country garden, and a relaxing mix all for free.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.