In November, I wrote that the Echo Dot will be this year’s hottest Christmas gift, and it turns out I was right. If you are one of the five million who bought the Echo Dot or Echo and have gotten so used to having Alexa, a virtual assistant, in your house or office to play music, find answers or turn lights on or off, you’ll be ecstatic to know Amazon has just announced Amazon Tap.
Amazon Tap is a portable Bluetooth speaker that weighs just over a pound. You can take it to the beach, park or party by throwing it in your backpack or clipping it to your bag. When it’s connected to Wi-Fi, you can access Alexa by tapping the microphone button and asking her to play music; she streams Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and iTunes. With Amazon Tap, you can get the latest news, weather, search for information to settle a bet, order a pizza or an Uber, or whatever else you use Alexa for. You can also stream the music using your phone or other mobile device’s hotspot.
The Amazon Tap has dual stereo speakers with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and extended bass response and provides 360° omni-directional audio. A single battery charge provides up to nine hours of continuous playback, and when the battery is low Alexa will say, “Just so you know, the battery is currently low.” All you have to do is use the Charging Cradle that comes with it. There’s also an optional Amazon Tap Sling that protects against bumps and drops. Available in six colors—ranging from classic to vibrant.
Alexa’s like our butler except she doesn’t get paid or get in the way.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.