I’ve recommended websites, apps and even stores (Costco and AAA) in the past for cheap passport photos, but Passport Booth might take the cake. The ratings are high, reviews are raving and a reader recommended it to me. What else can one ask for?
Passport Booth is a free app that provides passport and visa photos cheap, and in some cases, free (if you have the right printer and paper). Otherwise, you can print cheaply at a local drugstore or pharmacy ($0.50 or less) or get professional prints shipped for only $5.96. Orders are usually delivered 7-9 business days or less (United States only).
Passport Booth disables the flash to help prevent shadows, which is one of the most common problems people have taking these photos. All you need is an iPhone or Android (5.0 or later). They have instructions to help guide you and a silhouette shows you where to place your face and eyes. There’s also a timer that can be turned on or off to help you get ready for your photo and reduce camera shake.
It also works great for baby and child photos since you can re-take as many pics as you need for free. In fact, you can use the app for:
- United States passports & passport cards
- Foreign tourist visas for any country
- Immigration cards, green cards, citizenship, naturalization applications
- Baby and child passport photos and visa photos
- Work permits/visas (H1B, F1, J1 + more)
- ID photo
- Government ID
- Student ID
- School/study abroad applications
Their tips for the best results are below:
- Use a plain white background (a whiteboard works great!).
- Does your photo have shadows? Take 1 step AWAY from the wall. Avoid bright lights directly in front of you.
- Ask a friend to take your photo using the back camera (selfies are often lower in quality).
- No glasses! Glasses must be removed for your passport photo.
- Look straight and do not smile (a neutral expression is best).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.