Hurricane Sandy walloped the Northeast, creating a nightmare for everyone in her path. Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who were affected. For people who are traveling, either to the areas hit by Hurricane Sandy or out of the region, we’ve partnered with Expedia to assemble a resource page with brand new information to help make your travels go smoother.
If you booked through an online travel agency, sites like Expedia have assembled crisis teams who are working overtime to make sure travelers have updated information from airlines that serve the east coast. But if you have non-urgent customer service issues, it’s a good idea to call in a few days so those with critical problems can get through as quickly as possible.
Many people are wondering about the impact of Sandy on cruises and according to Expedia, very few have been cancelled. However, the ports might have changed so be sure to contact the cruise line.
AIRLINE TRAVEL POLICIES FOR HURRICANE SANDY
Many travelers were affected by Hurricane Sandy, leaving them stranded and confused. If your flight was delayed or cancelled altogether of if you have questions for your airline, here’s where to contact them:
Aer Lingus | Aeroflot | Aeromexico | Air Canada | Air France| Air Tran| Air India | Alaska | Alitalia |American Airlines| British Airways | Cathay Pacific | Delta| Emirates | Etihad Airways | Frontier | Hawaiian | Icelandair | Jet Airways | KLM | JetBlue | LAN | Lufthansa | SAS | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest | Spirit | Sun Country| Qantas | United | US Airways | Virgin America | WestJet | Every Airline Website and Phone Number | Airline-by-airline list of weather waivers | Expedia’s resource for Airline Flexibility Policies
WHO TO FOLLOW ON TWITTER
It seems like everyone is tweeting about Hurricane Sandy but now that the storm has passed, here’s where you can find some of the best, most up-to-date information to answer questions about travel plans:
Live Airline Twitter Feed | Every Airline and Travel Resource on Twitter | @AmericanAir | @Delta| @Expedia |@JetBlue | @Southwestair | @Spiritairlines | @United | @USAirways |@VirginAmerica | @PANYNJ | @RedCross | @ASPCA | @FEMA | @NYCAviation | #Sandy
TOP HURRICANE SANDY STORIES
Advertisement: Best Travel Credit Cards.
GOOD TO KNOW
Got questions about traveling, hotels, car rentals and flights? These links will point you in the right direction:
- The Official Post-Sandy Guide To New York Hotel Rooms
- FAA Delays | Flight Trackers | Google Crisis Map
- Every Hotel, Car Rental and Cruise Line Website and Phone #
- Why during a hurricane may be too late to start calling a travel agent
HOW TO HELP
There are many ways you can help with relief efforts, following Hurricane Sandy. Help #Sandy victims by texting REDCROSS to 90999 for a $10 donation or visit rdcrss.org/OvLycy
Airlines reward customers who donate to Hurricane Sandy relief
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.