First, you need to have a job that allows you to work remotely. These days that doesn’t seem as difficult (most of my friends now work from home). Second, you have to want to travel to Southeast Asia (Cambodia, Indonesia and Thailand). Third, you need to be able to afford your plane tickets and the weekly ($500) or monthly ($1,500) fee. If you can check those boxes, The Remote Life might be for you.
Last year I wrote about a company offering the chance to work around the world for one year. Each month they went to another country. The problem with RemoteYear.com is that it asked for a year’s commitment and cost $27,000.
What I like about The Remote Life is that it’s only a week or three-month commitment and it costs a lot less. The 30 applicants they take are given private rooms in a villa or apartments, two meals every day, and access to a local office space nearby with high speed Wi-Fi (available desk space and 24/7 access). They get to meet local ambassadors, attend community events, group dinners and professional workshops, and more.
The Remote Life team also picks participants up and drops them back at the airport, takes care of their visas and insurance, and provides local SIM cards on arrival. If you go for more than one month, it will cover your flights between destinations on the itinerary.
Sound good? Click here to apply.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.