If you ask any seasoned American traveler if they could be in any country right now where would it be, I’m betting many would say New Zealand, thanks to their Prime Minister for arguably managing COVID-19 better than any other country in the world. They went 102 days without a single case and are aggressive at keeping it at bay.
Obviously, U.S. travelers are unable to visit New Zealand right now but that hasn’t stopped Tourism New Zealand from continuing marketing and keeping the island country on everyone’s mind. How do you achieve that during a global pandemic? Launch a Spotify channel.
RELATED: How to Get Better Sleep on a Plane
Their very first album is called ‘Mindful Journeys’ and features four meditative audio tracks. According to the press release, “the album has been carefully designed to transport listeners virtually to New Zealand as the sound of nature is proven to help us relax. Through the soundscapes, listeners will journey through the North and South Islands, being calmed by sounds unique to New Zealand including native birds, bubbling geothermal mud pools, and a gentle breeze moving through the forest.”
- North Island – Far North to Rotorua (x1 narrated in English, x1 non-narrated): Begin your journey on the iconic beaches of the upper North Island, listening to the gentle sounds of surf and seabirds. With the breeze move into our forests, hearing the native birds and insects as well as the soft noises of the forest floor. Traveling through the earthy sounds of the bush, emerge in the geothermal area of Rotorua. Steaming water, bubbling mud pools and the distinctive rush of the natural geysers can be heard.
- South Island – Marlborough Sounds to the Canterbury Plains (x1 narrated in English, x1 non-narrated): Start off in the gentle lapping waters of the Marlborough sounds, then head down the rugged beaches of New Zealand’s West Coast. Stop off at the Punakaiki Rocks, with their distinctive sounding blow holes. Move inland, briefly traveling through the foothills, up into the Southern Alps where we are in mountainous air, wind whips and distant keas call. Then head down the other side via one of the many rivers that is fed by the mountain range. End up in the peace of a Central Otago valley, with regional birds and insects keeping things rich and textured.
The four tracks are short, only six and seven minutes in length so it’s for a short escape unless you run it on a loop. To listen, either click here or search 100% Pure New Zealand on Spotify.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.