I recently visited the Huilo Huilo Biological Reserve in Chilean Patagonia—a pillar in ecotourism—and it quickly stood out as one of the most unique and stunning destinations I’ve seen. The Huilo Huilo Biological Reserve focuses on community, conservation through research and sustainable tourism. There are eight hotels on the property, each aesthetically different than the others and all far from what comes to mind when you picture a hotel. Among them:
The Montaña Mágica Lodge looks like a grassy mountain with a waterfall running down it and through the floor of the inside. The largest accommodation on the property is the Nothofagus Lodge. This lodge has 55 rooms, some multi-level, and is one long tree spiral. It also has a rooftop terrace with incredible views. A mushroom-shaped lodge, Reino Fungi is the newest option, and for the adventurous travelers treehouse cabins are available in what’s known as the Canopy Village. The most luxurious of all the on-property hotels is the Nawelpi Lodge, which is a set of 12 beautiful cabins built with materials like timber and volcanic rock. The cabins feature beautiful views, fireplaces, a deck overlooking the roaring Fui River, and my favorite part, an outdoor wood-fired hot tub.
View all these one of-a-kind accommodations and learn more about the property in the video below:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.