I recently visited the Huilo Huilo Biological Reserve in Chilean Patagonia—a pillar in ecotourism—and it quickly stood out as one of the most unique and stunning destinations I’ve seen. The Huilo Huilo Biological Reserve focuses on community, conservation through research and sustainable tourism. There are eight hotels on the property, each aesthetically different than the others and all far from what comes to mind when you picture a hotel. Among them:
The Montaña Mágica Lodge looks like a grassy mountain with a waterfall running down it and through the floor of the inside. The largest accommodation on the property is the Nothofagus Lodge. This lodge has 55 rooms, some multi-level, and is one long tree spiral. It also has a rooftop terrace with incredible views. A mushroom-shaped lodge, Reino Fungi is the newest option, and for the adventurous travelers treehouse cabins are available in what’s known as the Canopy Village. The most luxurious of all the on-property hotels is the Nawelpi Lodge, which is a set of 12 beautiful cabins built with materials like timber and volcanic rock. The cabins feature beautiful views, fireplaces, a deck overlooking the roaring Fui River, and my favorite part, an outdoor wood-fired hot tub.
View all these one of-a-kind accommodations and learn more about the property in the video below:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.