This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
You may remember from December 2019 that the World of Hyatt award chart is adding peak and off-peak Hyatt award nights. These new award night prices go into effect on March 22, 2020. Hyatt is also adjusting the award category level for many of its U.S. and international properties. Luxury travelers will appreciate the addition of almost 50 new SLH hotels to the award night World of Hyatt portfolio. These properties entered Hyatt’s Category 8 portfolio on February 12, 2020.
Hyatt Award Chart Peak and Off-Peak Award Nights
You have until March 21, 2020, to book Hyatt award nights under the current award chart for the standard rate.
The standard award night rate isn’t disappearing on March 22, 2020, but you may need to be more strategic with when you redeem your World of Hyatt points.
Hyatt will issue you a partial points refund starting March 23, 2020, for award nights that now fall under the off-peak rate.
Below is the upcoming World of Hyatt award chart effective March 22, 2020.
Despite these changes, Hyatt points are still some of the most valuable hotel points you can earn. World of Hyatt is also a 1:1 Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer partner.
Points + Cash Savings
Beginning March 22, 2020, you can save between 50% and 70% off the standard rate using the Points + Cash payment option. Currently, you only save 50% off of the standard rate.
Hyatt Award Chart Category Changes
It’s common for most hotel loyalty programs to adjust the award night categories for select properties once a year. Of the 217 Hyatt properties change categories, 117 are increasing one category and 100 are decreasing one category. The quickest way to see the changes is by heading here.
These category changes go into effect on March 22, 2020, at 8:00 am Central Daylight Time. If you have an existing award night at an affected property that costs less under the category change, Hyatt will issue you a partial points refund starting March 23.
This is a good reminder that your World of Hyatt Credit Card anniversary nights are valid at any category 1-4 hotel or resort. These nights cost 15,000 points or less for a standard night. It’s also one of the best hotel credit cards you can own.
World of Hyatt Credit Card
The World of Hyatt Credit Card comes with an annual free night stay at any category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort after your cardmember anniversary. If you spend $15,000 or more during the anniversary year, you will earn an extra free night. You also get automatic elite status and 5 qualifying night credits annually, so long as your account remains open. And every time you spend $5,000 on your card, you’ll earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status.
Cardholders can earn 9 points for Hyatt stays (4 points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member). They also earn 2 points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airline tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting, and on fitness club and gym memberships.
You also have the opportunity to earn up to 60,000 bonus points as a signup bonus. Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent on purchases that earn 1 Bonus Point, up to $15,000, in the first 6 months of account opening.
Plus, there’s a limited-time offer available. Apply by 9/30/21 and upon approval, you’ll receive 2 Tier-Qualifying Night Credits for each night you stay from 8/16/21 through 12/31/21.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
New SLH Properties
One drawback of the World of Hyatt portfolio is that it’s somewhat United States-centric. That’s changing thanks to the Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) partnership. These lavish properties mostly populate the categories 7 and 8 tiers of the Hyatt award chart.
Several SLH properties are a Hyatt Category 4 and only cost 15,000 points per night:
- Sukhothai Bangkok (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Hotel Les Bords de Mer (Marseille, France)
- Arima Hotel (San Sebastian, Spain)
- CasaSur Recoleta (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Starting February 12, 2020, you can book award nights or earn World of Hyatt points at almost 50 additional SLG properties. With this addition, Hyatt now has a presence in Mongolia, Montenegro, and Israel. You now have over 350 SLH properties to enjoy an exotic vacation.
Hyatt Destination Locations
The adventurous may also appreciate the recent addition of 4 Destination locations:
- Snowmass Homes Collection (Snowmass, Colorado)
- The Residences of Lauele’a (Waimea, Hawaii)
- Suncadia Resort (Cle Elum, Washington)
- Vacation Homes at Suncadia (Cle Elum, Washington)
Hyatt’s 40+ Destination locations are across the United States. You can enjoy special on-property World of Hyatt benefits. Some of these properties can also be booked with World of Hyatt award nights.
Some exciting changes are coming to the World of Hyatt award chart starting March 22, 2020. In some cases, your Hyatt nights can cost fewer nights. World travelers will have more luxury SLH properties to stay at.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.