Here’s another reason why you should sign up to all hotel rewards programs: IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) today announced that it will be providing free internet to all its 71 million loyalty program members, worldwide. The announcement comes as IHG reveals the results of a global online survey* which show that nearly half of adults (43 percent) would choose not to stay in a hotel that charged for internet.
IHG is the first and only hotel group to offer free internet in all hotels to all loyalty program members, globally – whether they stay the night or come in for a coffee or an impromptu meeting. This will start from July 2013 for Elite members and extend to all members during 2014.
The move comes as IHG announces that it will be enhancing and renaming its industry-leading loyalty program Priority Club® Rewards as IHG Rewards Club in July and introducing a range of new benefits for members.
Guests can choose from more than 4,600 hotels in nearly 100 countries and territories.
From July, new benefits will include:
Free internet to all Elite status members from July 2013 and extending to all members during 2014;
- The ability to earn Elite status faster by staying in three or more of IHG’s hotel brands;
- Reward Nights will count toward earning Elite status; and
- Platinum Elite members’ “extra” nights will roll over toward maintaining their status in their next membership year
- Booking directly with IHG provides guests with access to the best available rates through our ‘Best Price Guarantee’ and ensures they qualify to earn points for their IHG Rewards Club account.
Visitors and guests can sign up free of charge for IHG Rewards Club and all its benefits on the spot at any IHG hotel and can find out more about the changes on the website.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.