As you may or may not recall, last year I wrote about MasterCard’s #OneMoreDay campaign. The promotion stemmed from a US Travel Association study, which revealed that last year, American workers left 429 million vacation days on the table. We all know how valuable vacation days are – but so many people just weren’t taking the days they’d earned and rightfully deserved. So MasterCard set out to change that and encourage people to take at least one more day of vacation.
The IHG Mastercard is a solid card product, but here’s a review of two better travel rewards credit cards.
Well, the campaign is back in 2015 with a twist! InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) and MasterCard have teamed up to give away some great prizes in this year’s ‘One More Day’ summer sweepstakes. This partnership underscores IHG’s research that indicates that loyalty program members want to be recognized and rewarded for their loyalty. To this end, IHG is focused on delivering a personalized experience for members before, during and after their stay at IHG properties. IHG Rewards Club is 86 million members strong and is the fastest growing hotel loyalty program, offering more opportunities to earn points and redeem rewards than other hospitality or travel loyalty brands.
So, what can you win? There are 60 first prizes of one-night stays at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo Hotels, Holiday Inn Hotels, Holiday Inn Express® Hotels, Staybridge Suites Hotels, Candlewood Suites Hotels and EVEN Hotels.
Running from May 31 (my birthday!) to July 30, 2015, members of IHG Rewards Club, who register here, book a stay at a U.S. based IHG hotel and complete their stay by paying with their MasterCard, will be entered to win one of those 60 one-night stays at an IHG hotel*. Plus, a bonus grand prize is also going to be awarded. It’s a four-day / three-night trip for the winner and three guests to Las Vegas, Nevada. The prize includes:
-Hotel accommodations in a Luxury Suite at The Venetian®, an InterContinental Alliance® Resort or the Palazzo®, an InterContinental Alliance®Resort
-240,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles to be used for air transportation
-Ground transportation to and from the airport and hotel
-Four Premium Show tickets
-One dinner for four people at one of the Celebrity Chef Restaurants located in the Venetian® or the Palazzo®
-Spending allowance of $1,000 awarded in the form of a MasterCard Prepaid Card
NOTE: The sweepstakes is open to IHG® Rewards Club members who are U.S. residents. IHG’s guest loyalty program, IHG® Rewards Club is free to join. Guests can enroll here or by downloading the IHG® App.
IHG’s 2015 Trends Report (IHG® Building Trust Capital: The new business imperative in the Kinship Economy) showed that consumers are looking for more than an effortless transaction with their chosen brands. They want a rewarding relationship built on trust and respond best to efforts focused on building real brand loyalty over a sustained period of time.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to US cardholders 21+ as of 5/15/15. Ends 7/31/15. PIN & international transactions ineligible. Restrictions apply. Click here for Official Rules & complete details.
Note: This is a sponsored post
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.