This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
New IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card members can now earn a higher signup bonus worth up to 25 reward nights (26 when you include the bonus Reward Night). The bonus is 125,000 points and a Reward Night after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months.
There are also other perks including the ability to earn up to 25x points total on eligible IHG stays. A more detailed post regarding the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card can be found here.
It is also one of the best credit card offers.
Get 125,000 Bonus IHG Points
New cardmembers earn 125,000 points and a Reward Night with a $3,000 minimum spend in the first 3 months.
You will still need to pay the $89 annual fee. However, that fee pays itself off with its reward nights and TSA PreCheck or Global Entry credits. Plus, it can be one of the best rewards credit cards for frequent IHG visitors.
The IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card comes with a few other card benefits including:
- Reward anniversary night (at properties that cost 40,000 points or less)
- 4th reward night when booking a 4+ night award stay
- Automatic IHG Platinum Elite status
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application reimbursement credit
The reward anniversary night alone lets you book a room worth more than the $89 annual fee.
Redeeming IHG Points
You have plenty of ways to redeem IHG points for domestic and international travel.
Standard award nights start at 10,000 points and can be as much as 70,000 points. The most common brands like Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Candlewood Suites cost between 15,000 and 25,000 points per night. Upscale brands like InterContinental, Hotel Indigo, and Kimpton cost between 55,000 and 70,000 points.
The 125,000 points and a Reward Night (earned after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening) can be worth as much as 25 reward nights (26 if you include the bonus reward night) if you can book PointBreaks deals for 5,000 points per night. Other properties are discounted to 10,000 or 15,000 points from their normal rate.
This bonus and the ability for new cardholders to earn so many points make the IHG Rewards Club Premier one of the best credit cards for international travel and one of the best credit cards for travel purchases, especially for travelers that frequent IHG brand properties.
IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®.
You can now earn 125,000 points and a Reward Night with an easy $3,000 minimum spend in the first 3 months with the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card. And, the annual fee is $89.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.