If you’re interested in learning some great travel tips and tricks I’m speaking on November 18 in Chicago at FTU, alongside some amazing guest speakers. Just to name a few: Rudy Maxa, Gary Arndt, Nomadic Matt, Chris Guillebeau, and Chris McGinnis.
Chris McGinnis was my travel guru and when I was first getting started back in the 90s I used to read his books and send him fan mail. It’s a long story how we met but we quickly became friends and even business partners (we co-host the popular #TravelSkills Twitter chat every Friday at 12pm ET).
We then started speaking occasionally together at different travel shows and when one of the FTU organizers saw us speak at the New York Times Travel Show he thought we would be a perfect match for their FTU event. So here we are!
FYI: FTU stands for Frequent Traveler University and they are having their first-ever Travel Expo, which is taking place at the O’Hare Marriott. Tickets start as low as $39 and if you register by 10/31 and use promo code FTUEARLY, you get a $10 discount.
Need more reasons to go? FTU suggests the top 10 things you can learn how to do at the Travel Expo:
1. Earn hundreds of thousands of miles in a year with travel rewards credit cards.
2. Earn miles through everyday activities from restaurant dining to your business expenses.
3. Beat the airlines and win at frequent flyer miles
4. Experience the world’s most lavish airlines in first and business class on miles
5. Enjoy the world’s best airline lounges prior to your flights
6. Stay in luxury hotels around the world on points.
7. Get VIP treatment at hotels with credit card benefits and status matches.
8. Find incredible airfare deals for when you just want to get away
9. Take ‘trips of a lifetime’ every year, soon you’ll need a new travel bucket list
10. Do all this on an economy class budget
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.