Hat tip to TPG for alerting me to this incredible deal for those with American Airlines (AA) AAdvantage miles. Members can fly between New York’s JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco for just 5,000 miles in coach; 15,000 in business class or 33,000 miles in first class.
As you probably know, these AA transcon routes are operated by their exclusive A321T aircraft, which has four classes of service:
-(Flagship) First has 10 open suites with 62 inches of pitch (leg room), 82 inch bed length and 21 inch wide seats.
-(Flagship) Business has 20 flat-bed seats with 58 inches of pitch, 75 inch bed length and 19 inch wide seats.
-Premium Economy (Main Cabin Extra) has 36 standard seats with 35 inches of pitch and 17.3-17.6 inch wide seats.
-Regular Economy (Main Cabin) has 36 standard seats with 31 inches of pitch and 17.3-17.6 inch wide seats.
Normally, these seats go for three times the amount being offered right now but you need to hurry to find the deals. I just put business class flights on hold for my family of four to fly LAX to JFK in April and June for 20,000 miles and $5.60 cents per person. I have five days to make a decision as AA allows users to put flights on hold without a credit card.
Not only do you get a lie-flat seat, but you get priority check-in, boarding, access to their plush Flagship Lounge, food, drinks and snacks on board but each passenger gets two free checked bags. So it’s a no-brainer if you have a lot of AAdvantage miles but no elite status.
I’ve been fortunate to do this flight countless times and American does a great job. You’re almost guaranteed to spot a celebrity on the flight, though most of them sit in First Class. I once saw Dustin Hoffman sitting in 6D (business) on my flight.
I’m excited to take my daughter on what might be her first flight in style. Let’s just hope and pray this nightmare of COVID-19 is over. Keep in mind that if you do go to NYC in the near future, there’s a quarantine in effect for most states. See here for more information.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.