Last month we wrote about a survey from Allianz Global Assistance focusing on the sharing economy. The survey revealed lots of interesting information, like how millennials between 18 and 34 trust the sharing economy with 60% of them using resources like Airbnb, Uber and Lyft. (It’s also good to know a travel insurance policy covers stays at Airbnb the same as it covers you at a hotel.) The rise of the sharing economy is a sign of the times! And it will likely continue to grow.
Allianz Global Assistance just came out with a useful infographic to supplement their stats, which you can check out below (click to enlarge):
Here are a few more stats from the graphic that we find interesting:
- Almost 40% of millennials plan to spend less than $400 on summer travel. This number is double that of all other age groups.
- The average spend on a vacation this summer is $1,621, down from last year ($1,895 was spent per trip in 2014).
- The country’s Vacation Deficit (percent of Americans who believe time off is important but are not confident they’ll take a vacation) is getting better, with 51% of Americans remaining confident they’ll take a vacation this year.
- Taking an annual vacation is important to 57% of Americans.
The Vacation Confidence Index has been conducted by national polling firm Ipsos Public Affairs on behalf of Allianz Global Assistance USA. A vacation is defined as a trip of at least a week to a spot that is more than 100 miles from home. Disclaimer: I have a working relationship Alliance Global Assistance USA. However, the opinions expressed in this post are mine based on the findings of the Vacation Confidence Index.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.