As you probably know by now, I’m a big proponent of travel insurance. I have an annual plan with Allianz Global Assistance (I’m even a brand ambassador for them), and I’ve written about the importance of protecting yourself in depth before. Well, as the video above explains, travel insurance in 2017 just got a little bit better.
This week, Allianz is introducing a series of initiatives meant to make filing a claim easier and more intuitive than ever. Among them:
- Simpler, cleaner claims forms with fewer questions (meaning fewer delays resulting from incomplete forms)
- The ability to receive claim money via direct deposit (in as few as 1-2 days)
- More ways (via more devices) to file a claim; most prominently, Allianz customers can now file claims with a few taps using the free TravelSmart smartphone app
While these may seem like small changes, anyone who has ever filed an insurance claim knows how slow and frustrating the process can be. Any measure taken to make things smoother is bound to help somebody at some point, and more likely, many travelers in the years to come.
“We’re proud to roll out innovations that will reinvent the Travel Protection industry,” said Joe Mason, Chief Marketing Officer at Allianz Worldwide Partners USA. “Now consumers can file travel insurance claims faster and easier and may be reimbursed almost immediately. These improvements to the customer experience are just the beginning of the exciting innovations we have planned.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.