As you probably know by now, I’m a big proponent of travel insurance. I have an annual plan with Allianz Global Assistance (I’m even a brand ambassador for them), and I’ve written about the importance of protecting yourself in depth before. Well, as the video above explains, travel insurance in 2017 just got a little bit better.
This week, Allianz is introducing a series of initiatives meant to make filing a claim easier and more intuitive than ever. Among them:
- Simpler, cleaner claims forms with fewer questions (meaning fewer delays resulting from incomplete forms)
- The ability to receive claim money via direct deposit (in as few as 1-2 days)
- More ways (via more devices) to file a claim; most prominently, Allianz customers can now file claims with a few taps using the free TravelSmart smartphone app
While these may seem like small changes, anyone who has ever filed an insurance claim knows how slow and frustrating the process can be. Any measure taken to make things smoother is bound to help somebody at some point, and more likely, many travelers in the years to come.
“We’re proud to roll out innovations that will reinvent the Travel Protection industry,” said Joe Mason, Chief Marketing Officer at Allianz Worldwide Partners USA. “Now consumers can file travel insurance claims faster and easier and may be reimbursed almost immediately. These improvements to the customer experience are just the beginning of the exciting innovations we have planned.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.