Alberta, and particularly Rocky Mountain Alberta, is a truly breathtaking place. Johnny went last summer, and loved it (and The Post Hotel). I went three summers ago, played golf, and loved it (and the golf). Instagram loves it (seen in these 12 Instagram photos)—and now, with the launch of InstaHikes, Alberta on Instagram is better than ever.
InstaHikes is a cool and novel new Instagram account from the Travel Alberta team that offers more than just incredible Alberta photos to double-tap. The photos are beautiful, of course (great job, calsnape and taylormichaelburk), but the account also “acts like a website and provides immersive, first person experiences of popular hiking trails in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. More simply put: If you want to go hiking in Alberta, just follow the account, tap on a hike that looks good (and the right tag) and you’ll be directed to an account dedicated to that hike specifically, where you’ll find a trail map, more photos, helpful information (like how long it is), and more.
Here’s a quick video on how it works:
For now, filled-out accounts for five hiking trails are accessible through InstaHikes, but more are expected this summer as hiking season ramps up. And with the response so far (there are already 1.3K followers on day one), it’s easy to imagine Travel Alberta rolling this out even further, so stay tuned.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.