Last week, we shared details of their new sleepaway and day camp insurance. Today, we bring you the news of Allianz Global Assistance‘s new long-distance running partnership with New York Road Runners. Participants in the TCS New York City Marathon and a slew of other in-city races will, starting this month, see the option to purchase a “Registration Protector” policy at race registration.
Each policy will cover 100% of the race registration fee (up to $10,000) in the event of a traffic accident, covered medical issues (more info here), employment issue, transportation delay, military/family/legal obligations, mechanical breakdown, and jury duty, among other things. The cost will be 6.75% of the entry fee with a minimum price of $7.99. As to the races at which the option to add Allianz Registration Protector will be available, here’s the list:
- TCS New York City Marathon
- NYRR New York Mini 10K
- NYRR Queens 10K
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile
- NYRR Staten Island Half
- Abbott Dash to the Finish Line 5K
- TCS New York City Marathon
- NYRR NYC 60K
- NYRR Jingle Bell Jog (5K)
- NYRR Midnight Run
- NYRR Fred Lebow Manhattan Half (starting in 2019)
- Popular Brooklyn Half (starting in 2019)
- United Airlines NYC Half (starting in 2019)
“We are excited to partner with Allianz Global Assistance to offer race entry fee insurance for the TCS New York City Marathon, and eleven other NYRR races throughout the year,” said Christine Burke, vice president of runner products and services for New York Road Runners. “We understand that unforeseen circumstances such as injuries occur, and runners who have paid to enter races may be unable to run. Registration Protector provides an opportunity for our runners to recoup their full entry fee if they have to cancel for a reason that is covered, a significant new benefit we are pleased to provide to our running community.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.