This is a sponsored post. Editorial and images provided by Love Home Swap.
Let’s get straight to the point here: Home swapping is a big leap of faith for many people. But for those who have tried this unique way of traveling, the resounding response is that once you’ve tried it, you’ll wonder how you ever considered traveling any other way.
Award-winning site Love Home Swap is at the forefront of the home swapping sector. With 18,000 stunning homes on their site, their members exchange their properties in more than 100 countries. For just the small cost of a membership (starting from $132 per year depending on the tier that you choose) members can arrange as many breaks as they like – and with the average member saving $1,430 per swap (based on a week-long stay) the savings quickly stack up, making this a pocket-friendly way to travel.
Members can stay in luxurious properties like this impressive 4-bedroom home in Miami Beach.
A quick search of the site shows that’s there’s a huge variety of homes that you can choose from, ranging from sleek city pads to family-friendly villas with a pool. In fact, it’s the family-friendly aspect that has so many members coming back for more. And in a world where we’re all more health conscious than ever before, finding a holiday where you feel safe and comfortable is really important. With members committed to meeting Love Home Swap’s enhanced cleaning guidelines, their community can trade their homes confidently, knowing that they’ve got a safe space just for them and their families – with no crammed elevators or breakfast buffets that have been breathed on by multiple people.
Love Home Swap members find plenty of family-friendly properties like this spacious London home.
The family-friendly aspect of home swapping also extends to the fact that parents don’t have to lug masses of luggage with them, because if you’re staying in another family’s home, chances are you’ll have access to plenty of toys, bikes and play equipment in the garden. Not only that, but young families can benefit from highchairs and stair gates, while older kids might find a games console or pool table to while away the hours. Best of all, you’ll have access to a properly equipped kitchen, so that you can save a huge amount of money on eating out. All in all, you get a home-away-from-home experience that’s exceptional.
Love Home Swap member Dawn says that she’s saved a huge amount of money through home swapping. She says: “The houses we stay in are so much homier and more well-equipped than a rental home. We started swapping when our children were tiny. There were two great advantages. Firstly, it was almost free and secondly, we swapped with other families with young children so that we could use each other’s toys, garden swings, cots, changing tables etc – and we were certain that it was a toddler-proof home.”
You could stay in homes like this huge family-friendly property in rural France.
How home swapping works
Love Home Swap has two simple ways to exchange your home:
1 Classic Swap
This is when members directly trade their homes, either at the same time or on different dates. This doesn’t cost anything, other than the annual membership fee – and it’s a really popular way for families to find free accommodation during the school holidays.
2 Points Swap
This is when members earn ‘Points’ (which is Love Home Swap’s virtual currency) for hosting, which they can then spend on another home, when and where they like. They simply pay a small service fee based on the length of the trip, which starts at $69. This type of home swap offers the ultimate flexibility, as members don’t have to align their plans with anyone else.
To find out more about home swapping, head to www.lovehomeswap.com to start your free 2-week trial.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.