I live in Southern California so I’m always trying to stay prepared for the Big One (earthquake, that is), just in case it hits. That means a lot of things, including maintaining access to backup power. The Jackery Explorer Portable Power Station—which is this week’s featured product—is great for not only people like me who live in earthquake zones but in fact for people who live anywhere that power could go out (which is pretty much everywhere in the world).
The Jackery Explorer Portable Power Station is the brainchild of a former Apple battery engineer in Silicon Valley. It’s ready with backup power whenever and wherever you are, inside or outside or even on the go. It provides portable power wherever your travels take you (as long as you don’t fly with it), letting you bring peace of mind with you, and has you covered in the event of a power outage at home. It comes in several sizes/models (all on Amazon here):
- 167 watt-hours ($117.99)
- 240 watt-hours ($249.99)
- 518 watt-hours ($499)
To use it (any of the three), you simply plug it in once to fully charge it. After charging, power will be stored in the battery for 12 to 18 months. (Over time, if it’s not used, the battery level may decrease to 70-80% in 12 months.)
I keep my Jackery Explorer Portable Power Station next to my emergency backpack.
More earthquake and emergency help
- How to Prepare for and What to Do in an Earthquake
- A Great App to Have With You in an Emergency
- The U.S.’s First Earthquake Early Warning App Is Now Available to Los Angeles Residents
- QuakeFeed: The Earthquake App That Tells You What You Need to Know
- Don’t Use the Extra Door Latch in Earthquake-Prone Areas
- Don’t Stop to Get Your Bags If You’re in an Emergency Evacuation
- Travel Product of the Week: GOOACC Emergency Escape Tool
- Travel Tip of the Day: Create an Emergency Kit For Your Car
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.