This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Capital One points now transfer to JetBlue airlines. Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and other Capital One cardholders may be pleased to hear that JetBlue is the newest and first domestic Capital One airline transfer partner. The current 14 airline transfer partners are best for international travel.
Owners of the personal Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and business Capital One Spark Miles for Business or Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business can begin transferring their Capital One miles to JetBlue TrueBlue loyalty accounts beginning May 1, 2019.
Capital One Jet Blue Limited-Time 50% Transfer Bonus
Like the other Capital One airline transfer partners, JetBlue isn’t going to have a 1:1 transfer ratio. The regular transfer ratio is a 2:1 transfer ratio which makes every 1,000 Capital One miles worth 500 TrueBlue miles.
You must transfer at least 1,000 miles at once, but you can transfer miles in 100-mile increments which can help offset the less-than-stellar transfer ratio. For instance, unlike other credit card transfer programs that require 1,000-mile transfer increments, Capital One lets you transfer 1,100 miles or 10,300 miles.
From May 1 until May 31, 2019, the transfer ratio is 2:1.5 which means you get 50% more TrueBlue miles. In this case, you get 750 TrueBlue miles for every 1,000 miles Capital One transfers during this promotion period. While this can be an exciting way to book domestic award travel, you should still compare other Capital One travel redemption values to get the best rate.
Redeeming Capital One miles for travel statement credits or upcoming flights on the Capital One travel portal makes each point worth 1 cent each. Transferring points makes sense when each point is worth at least 1 cent when booking directly through JetBlue or you only need to round up your TrueBlue award balance.
Capital One Transfer Partners Now Include Jet Blue
Below is the list of the current Capital One transfer partners including the newest Capital One transfer partner, JetBlue:
- Aeromexico Club Premier
- Air France KLM Flying Blue
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- Alitalia MilleMiglia
- Asia Miles
- Avianca LifeMiles
- Emirates Skywards
- Etihad Airways
- EVA Air Infinity
- Finnair Plus
- Hainan Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
As you can see, most of these transfers are ideal for international travel.
The addition of JetBlue makes it possible to book short haul and transcontinental domestic flights. Of course, you might be able to fly to the Caribbean with points now as well.
Tip: If you want to learn more about points and miles so you can save money and use your earnings for award travel, see our post on the best credit cards for travel miles.
Redeeming JetBlue Points
JetBlue has a reputation for being one of the best discount domestic airlines. If you’re flying from the U.S. East Coast to West Coast, keeping your points for a premium JetBlue Mint flight is an awesome redemption option. A one-way flight from New York to Los Angeles can cost 68,400 miles plus $5.60 fees and taxes.
Shorter flights, like New York to Boston might only cost 5,600 miles plus $5.60 each way. The best legacy carrier award flight option is flying American Airlines for 7,500 miles. This route qualifies for their discount short-haul rate.
Also, keep your eyes peeked for award flights to London that JetBlue plans on offering in the year 2020. Although transferring your miles now to get the 50% transfer bonus might be impractical, this is a route to remember for future travel. You can use some of the best travel credit cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Capital One Venture to redeem points.
Summary of the Newest Capital One Jet Blue Transfer Partner
JetBlue is the new Capital One transfer partner. To celebrate this addition, you get 50% more TrueBlue points when you transfer your miles, through May 2019. Although it isn’t a 1:1 transfer ratio, it’s another flexible way to redeem Capital One miles for award travel.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- 8 Best Credit Cards for Domestic Travel
- Capital One Venture Credit Card Now Comes With Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Credit
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.