Back in October 2008 I was fortunate enough to be one of the 150 guests to go on an exclusive two-hour “VIP” flight of Qantas’ A380. It included Qantas ambassador John Travolta who had his Boeing 707 plane parked next to the world’s biggest commercial aircraft. Both were in front of LAX’s Flight Path Learning Center and occasionally I see it parked near there with all of the other private planes.
Before takeoff, Mr. Travolta got on the P.A. (who wasn’t flying the plane) and said once we are airborne “I’m going to walk through all the cabins in hopes to meet each and every one of you.” He did, along with Olivia Newton-John. When he came to me, I introduced myself and he said, “Johnny Jet? I love that name! That should be mine!” He was really cool and later, I got to chat with him one on one. He told me he flies about 300 hours a year and admitted to being the first non-test pilot to fly the A380 (he said it was awesome).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.