Back in October 2008 I was fortunate enough to be one of the 150 guests to go on an exclusive two-hour “VIP” flight of Qantas’ A380. It included Qantas ambassador John Travolta who had his Boeing 707 plane parked next to the world’s biggest commercial aircraft. Both were in front of LAX’s Flight Path Learning Center and occasionally I see it parked near there with all of the other private planes.
Before takeoff, Mr. Travolta got on the P.A. (who wasn’t flying the plane) and said once we are airborne “I’m going to walk through all the cabins in hopes to meet each and every one of you.” He did, along with Olivia Newton-John. When he came to me, I introduced myself and he said, “Johnny Jet? I love that name! That should be mine!” He was really cool and later, I got to chat with him one on one. He told me he flies about 300 hours a year and admitted to being the first non-test pilot to fly the A380 (he said it was awesome).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.