I was flipping through my Twitter feed the other day when a tweet from Business Insider caught my attention. The tweet was about a quick-removal snow tarp to keep snow and ice off your windshield, and I took the idea and ran with it. On Amazon, I found this highly rated tarp from Outback Shades. It’s a cover you place on your windshield when you’re not using your car, and then simply pull off when you’re ready to hit the road. The cover is 57” x 74” so it fits cars, minivans, trucks, and SUVs comfortably. What makes it stick is a magnetic edge on the windshield cover, with which it seals to your car, holding the cover securely in place and keeping wind, snow and water out.
Fortunately, I live in Los Angeles so I don’t need one, but I could’ve used one growing up in Connecticut. My hands used to freeze while I scraped the ice off (usually with a credit card since my brother kept stealing my scraper). Grab it on Amazon for $24.95.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.