I’m quickly learning that traveling with kids isn’t easy, especially when we’re traveling by car and need a carseat. You’d think that the big ridesharing companies would offer cars with carseats, but for the most part they don’t. I’ve seen Uber offer them a few times for $10 extra, but that seems to be the exception to the rule.
Well, I just read about a new Uber alternative called Kidmoto, a startup car transportation service that’s operated in New York City since 2016 and just expanded to Philadelphia. Kidmoto uses federally approved carseats, the company says, and it trains every one of its drivers to understand their proper use and installation. Drivers will install convertible carseats when you’re traveling with an infant as small as five pounds or larger children up to 70lbs. You must only order the car via the app, which is free for iOS and Android.
I haven’t used the service yet as I’m not in NYC or Philly often, and because I’m a brand ambassador for Blacklane so I use my credits with them. But Blacklane is a much more expensive and luxurious service. Kidmoto is a budget-friendly option to consider if you have a young child.
Have you used Kidmoto? What do you think of the idea?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.