Every time my wife and I head into the city center of Philadelphia with the kids, we try to find “grown up” restaurants that are kid-friendly. On this trip, we decided to check out a place called Jones. It’s a “comfort food” restaurant with 70’s “Brady Bunch” interior. The atmosphere was casual, but classy. Perfect for a night out with a family of five.
First up was Nachos and fizzy fruit sodas for the kids. Mom and dad enjoyed a little stronger fare – a mojito for my wife and a raspberry collins for me. Immediately, we had happy faces all around the table – but I was a little freaked out as to how fast the boys sucked up those nachos.
For the main course, my wife built her own salad with the help of the “Market Salad” clipboard. I had roast beef with spinach and mashed potatoes. Kids had hamburgers and fried chicken… REAL FRIED CHICKEN. It was very yummy (I had to taste test for journalistic purposes, right?) Dinner was so fulfilling we didn’t really need dessert, but alas, we had to sacrifice ourselves for this article. The boys had a massive sundae, my wife had a mud pie and I had my favorite, key lime pie.
We were fat and happy – I guess that’s why they call it “Comfort Food.”
About the Author
Dan Lantz is a TV producer who lives in Philadelphia with his wife and three sons. Dan seeks out family friendly activities, destinations and travel tips that can be shared with readers.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.