After a long day of filming in South Australia’s Barossa Valley it was time for me to check into my hotel. This time I decided to try a country house experience that opened in July, and it was amazing!
Kingsford Homestead was built in 1856 on a beautiful 225 acre property. The two-story sandstone Georgian structure has seven luxury guest rooms and if it looks familiar it’s because it was known as Drover’s Run in the Australian TV series “McLeod’s Daughters.”
The innkeepers, Pat and Sally Kent are amazing and they really make you feel like you are at home. Pat is from the Outback and Sally is from England, and along with their lovable dog the two make a super couple.
Rooms are comfortable, have satellite TV, Wi-Fi, a complimentary stocked mini bar and L’Occitane soaps in the bathroom.
You can dine alone or as a group. I had an incredible five course meal.
In the morning I woke up to a beautiful sunrise and saw all kinds of colorful birds, a few roos and, of course, sheep.
One of the most unique offerings at this country house is a private bath out in the middle of the bush. It’s included in the rate but if you want Pat to fill it for you it’s an extra $70 AUD.
Good to know:
- Rates start at $750 USD and include breakfast, dinner, all drinks (except special vintage wines).
- After a 10 minute drive in the Barossa Valley you will find famous wineries such as Peter Lehmann, Yalumba, Rockford, Hentley Farm and Greenock Creek.
- The drive to Adelaide airport is about 45 minutes.
- For more information on Adelaide and the surrounding wine country visit www.southaustralia.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.