Have you ever chosen to stay at a hotel because of their toilets? That’s right, toilets. The Kitano New York Hotel is a relaxing boutique hotel located on Park Avenue and 38th Street. It’s the city’s only Japanese-owned hotel and has an authentic, award-winning Japanese restaurant (they serve Kaiseki cuisine), museum quality artwork and nightly world class live Jazz. But what sets them apart are their toilets.
They call them ‘washlets’ and these high-tech devices do practically everything you can imagine. By the end of the month, all 149 guestrooms will have them. The official model is Washlets S300 and they feature heated seats, have five warm water cleansing modes, a warm air dryer, an adjustable cleansing wand, a wireless remote and an automatic air purifier! When completed, they will be the only New York hotel to have these types of toilets in every room.
They are seriously so incredible that visitors to New York might start booking rooms at the Kitano just because of them. In fact, I’m actually thinking of plopping down the $1,500 to buy one.
Rates at the Kitano begin at $299 but if that isn’t in your budget or you aren’t going to be in New York City, here’s a list of restaurants in the U.S. that have one of these toilets so you can try it out for yourself.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.