On July 1, 2014 the city of Los Angeles opened the Courtyard and Residence Inn L.A. LIVE—a unique two-in-one hotel that brings a new punch to the Los Angeles hotel scene. It’s directly across the street from the J.W. Marriott and the Ritz-Carton, another two-in-one hotel.
The Courtyard has 174 rooms and the Residence Inn features 219 suites. The $170 million project not only adds more hotel rooms to the city, but adds to the revitalization of downtown Los Angeles as well.
I spent a night at the Residence Inn L.A. LIVE and learned that the hotel(s) has valet parking ($38 a night), a beautiful open and bright lobby that features Table 901 LA Cafe, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner options, a full bar, and Starbucks coffee. It also has a shared state-of-the-art fitness center and huge rooms.
The Residence Inn L.A. LIVE is the only extended-stay hotel in the area that offers studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites that are designed for stays of five nights or more. Each suite has a custom designed fully-stocked kitchen with microwave oven and appliances. And like in all Residence Inns, they offer complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast (on the second floor).
The beds are not like the J.W. Marriott or the Ritz-Carlton (here are my 10 reasons to stay at the Ritz-Carlton L.A. LIVE) across the street and I could hear the TV and door slam from the room next door or above. But I appreciated the cleanliness of the hotel, the fact that they have blackout curtains, and the friendly staff. Rates begin at $249.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.