On July 1, 2014 the city of Los Angeles opened the Courtyard and Residence Inn L.A. LIVE—a unique two-in-one hotel that brings a new punch to the Los Angeles hotel scene. It’s directly across the street from the J.W. Marriott and the Ritz-Carton, another two-in-one hotel.
The Courtyard has 174 rooms and the Residence Inn features 219 suites. The $170 million project not only adds more hotel rooms to the city, but adds to the revitalization of downtown Los Angeles as well.
I spent a night at the Residence Inn L.A. LIVE and learned that the hotel(s) has valet parking ($38 a night), a beautiful open and bright lobby that features Table 901 LA Cafe, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner options, a full bar, and Starbucks coffee. It also has a shared state-of-the-art fitness center and huge rooms.
The Residence Inn L.A. LIVE is the only extended-stay hotel in the area that offers studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites that are designed for stays of five nights or more. Each suite has a custom designed fully-stocked kitchen with microwave oven and appliances. And like in all Residence Inns, they offer complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast (on the second floor).
The beds are not like the J.W. Marriott or the Ritz-Carlton (here are my 10 reasons to stay at the Ritz-Carlton L.A. LIVE) across the street and I could hear the TV and door slam from the room next door or above. But I appreciated the cleanliness of the hotel, the fact that they have blackout curtains, and the friendly staff. Rates begin at $249.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.