Last minute romantic cruises from Norwegian Cruise Line:
- New York: Norwegian Jewel, February 17th seven-day Bahamas & Florida sailing begins at $699 per person
- Norwegian Jewel, February 15th two-day quick getaway sailing around New York (no port calls) starts at $399 per person for a balcony stateroom
Virginia has long been hailed the “Mother of Presidents” as it is home to eight U.S. Presidents (including the first!) – more than any other state. Not only is the state the birthplace to several of founding fathers, but also the sole filming location of Steven Spielberg’s recent blockbuster, “Lincoln,” with 12 2013 Oscar nominations, has inspired a wealth of Lincoln-themed travel packages, discounts, tours, and attractions including The Lincoln Movie Trail and Sweepstakes.
Lincoln Stayed Here
The Jefferson Hotel – Richmond – Valid through March 3, 2013
Lincoln fans wishing to sleep in the same beds as the stars can take advantage of the historic Jefferson Hotel’s “Lincoln Stayed Here” rate of $195 per night for a superior guest room, available Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. With luxurious accommodations, breathtaking architecture, and first-class dining, travelers will feel like true celebrities in this grand hotel. For additional information, call 804-788-8000 or visit www.thejeffersonhotel.com and use the promotion code LINCOLN.
George Washington Birthday Parade and Weekend Festivities
Alexandria – Feb.16 through 18, 2013
Virginia celebrates George Washington’s 281st birthday this year on Monday, Feb. 18 with the largest parade in the country. This parade is just a piece of the excitement that will be taking place in Alexandria over Presidents’ Day weekend. Other festivities include the Birthnight Banquet & Ball, Madeira Wine Tasting at Gadsby’s Tavern, a 10-K race prior to the parade, and free museum open house tours on parade day. To participate in this weekend-long historical adventure, call 703-746-3301 or visit www.visitalexandriava.com.
Here’s the full news release for more info, including several President’s Day travel packages: http://www.virginia.org/pressroom/release.asp?id=406.
Each season, Tourisme Montréal offers a Sweet Deal with 50% off hotel nights and a complete discount booklet for major attractions at more than 35 participating 3- to 5-star hotels, including the Loews Hotel Vogue and Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. The Winter Sweet Deal runs now through May 31, 2013, with nightly rates start at USD$99 and 50% off the second night. Example hotels include:
- 5-star Loews Hotel Vogue, conveniently located in downtown Montreal: From$149 for the first night and 50% off the second
- 3-star Auberge de la Fontaine in the trendy Plateau Mont-Royal neighborhood: From $99 for the first night and 50% off the second
“Romantic Escape” from Jupiter Beach Resort / Jupiter, Florida
Welcome bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries
Breakfast for two
Room or Suite accommodations
Rates start at $217/night.
To make reservations, call 1-866-943-0950 or book online at jupiterbeachresort.com and use promotional code ROM.
Jupiter Beach Resort is just minutes from stand-up paddle boarding and outdoor activities at Jupiter Outdoor Center and couple’s spa treatments area available right on property.
Couples We Love Valentine’s Day offers from Denver’s the Curtis – a Doubletree by Hilton.
The Ellen & Portia – Shake you groove thing like popular TV talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and her wife Portia de Rossi.
- A CD of “Now, That’s What I Call Dance” for your own private dance party
- A batch of Blondies
- A bottle of California red wine
- Two blonde wigs – 1 long and 1 short
The Couples We Love offers are available from Feb. 14-16, 2013 with the rates starting at $174 per night, based on availability. Reservations must be made at least 1 day in advance. To book, please visit www.thecurtis.com or call 800.525.6651.
Scent of Love- Valentine Fragrance Blending Experience at the Château Élan Winery & Resort— $359-$449 (Available Sat. 2/16)
· Deluxe overnight accommodations at the Inn
· Single red rose on pillow at turndown
· Fragrance blending instructions from a Master parfumer to create a 20ml bottle of your customized fragrance
· A bottle of Chateau Elan wine
For more information visit chateauelan.com.
Located just 40 minutes north of Atlanta in Braselton, Ga., Château Élan Winery & Resort http://www.chateauelan.com/ is a 16th century style French château, Four Diamond destination that sits on 3,500 acres.
Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York is the perfect romantic winter escape. The region is within a five hour drive of most of the major cities in the Northeast (approximately 25% of the population of the United States). The region is also known for its value. Finger Lakes Wine Country typically experiences a milder winter than the regions of New York State bordering the Great Lakes. It’s these moderate temperatures that make the region perfect for grape growing.
Visitors enjoy deep discounts like: buy two nights and receive the third night free at many of the top hotels and B&B’s in the region and then with each package the visitor receives a PALATE Passport full of great deals like complimentary wine tastings and buy-one-get-one free museum admission. The promotion takes place now through March 31, 2013. Full information about the promotion can be found at www.WinterWineWeekend.com.
Woodloch Pines Resort, in the Pocono Mountains offers an incredibly unique vacation experience and is a TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Winner for best Family Resort in the US. Woodloch is something different altogether; built around hospitality, exudes nostalgia while maintaining a modern vacation experience, and has built an activity program for families to play together in a very unique way.
With games like cupcake wars, Woodloch Family Olympics, zombie bowling and many others (Woodloch provides over 30 different activities, amenities and entertainment events daily), families have an experience unlike any other. During the President’s holiday period, we’re pulling out all the stops when it comes to activities. In addition to those named above, families can participate in The Movie Game, Trap shooting contests, Snow Paintball, Woodloch’s Broadway-style Theme Show, full winter activities (snowtubing, ice skating, snow shoeing),The 55 Party ( a dance contest and live scavenger hunt celebrating Woodloch’s 55th anniversary) and much more.
All inclusive pricing, cutting 30% off our normal rate, is $219 per adult per night (accommodations, three delicious and abundant meals daily and access to all activities, amenities and entertainment).
The perfect escape for Valentine’s Day weekend is the Sandpearl Resort on the pristine white sands of Clearwater Beach, FL.
Indulge your favorite valentine with accommodations in a luxury one bedroom suite inspired by the beautiful Gulf waters and a level of service that caters to every fancy. This two night package includes:
- Champagne & chocolate strawberries on arrival.
- An illuminated beach-side dinner for two on the powder-white sand at sunset.
- Awaken each morning to a romantic champagne breakfast for two in your suite.
- Pamper your favorite valentine with an indulgent fifty minute couples massage at the Sandpearl Spa.
*Package based on availability February 15-17, 2013.
*Promotional code JJET
*Priced at $499 per night not including tax, gratuity or resort fee.
Valentine’s-inspired package for THE US GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego – which also is very fitting to tie-in President’s Day as the hotel was built in 1910 by Ulysses S. Grant, Jr. in honor of this father – the 18th U.S. President. Since 1910, the hotel has hosted 14 US Presidents with a recent stay by First Lady Michelle Obama.
THE US GRANT’s “Sweethearts Night In” package elevates a “night in” to a memorable Valentine’s experience, perfect for couples and families alike. The stay includes an in-room movie credit and in complement, an in-room build-your-own Sundae bar, complete with 2 house made ice creams and assorted toppings like sprinkles, vanilla whipped cream, grand marnier berries and THE US GRANT’s signature toffee.
For those wanting to get out to explore before their “night in”, San Diego boasts an average temperature of 72 degrees, promoting an active lifestyle even in the month of February where elsewhere in the nation is covered in snow. Opportunities for entertainment are endless, from dining, nightlife and shopping in the surrounding Gaslamp Quarter; sailing along the San Diego Bay or kayaking in La Jolla shores; hiking Torrey Pines with views of the Pacific and the world-famous Golf Course; to strolling hand-in-hand through Balboa Park (the nation’s largest urban cultural park with museums, gardens, art galleries, theaters, and the San Diego Zoo).
With rates starting at $229, the “Sweethearts Night In” package is valid for stays through February 28 with a 3-day advance purchase, and can be booked directly at www.usgrant.net/rates or by calling 866-716-8136.
Guests at Waikiki Parc Hotel can take advantage of Halekulani’s exclusive Valentine’s Day experience at SpaHalekulani – as the sister hotel to the famed Halekulani, guests of Waikiki Parc Hotel can take advantage of signing privileges at Halekulani’s award-winning restaurants and SpaHalekulani year round. This Valentine’s Day, Waikiki Parc is offering their “Parc Chic 75 Promotion” — Starting at $200 per night, the package includes a $75 credit to be used towards dining at NOBU Waikiki, Halekulani’s restaurants or SpaHalekulani. Exclusively available for the holiday of love, couples use their $75 credit to indulge in SpaHalekulani’s Romantic Rendevous experience. The 90-minute treatment begins with Bubbles & Bubbles, offering couples an intimate opportunity to sip Champagne by candlelight while unwinding in the Jacuzzi in the Spa Suite. Next, relax under the experienced touch of SpaHalekulani’s massage therapists with a couples massage side-by-side. Lastly, savor tea and a fruit plate from the calm of a private terrace. The memorable Romantic Rendezvous concludes with a small token upon couples’ departure to express Halekulani’s appreciation.
As you look for unique last minute Valentine’s Day ideas, consider the Napa Valley Wine Train. Our attraction was recently featured on the travel channel top five most cost effective vacation destinations. http://www.travelchannel.com/video/napa-valley-wine-train
Our Valentine’s Day celebration will offer guests the ability to enjoy a romantic dining experience on the 14th, 15th, or 16th. We will provide strolling musicians and offer guests the ability to view some of the most picturesque scenery in Napa as they enjoy a multiple course gourmet meal. The environment is perfect for Valentine’s Day and the cost won’t break the bank.
Packages from $124-$214
The Harbor Court Hotel is San Francisco’s premier waterfront boutique hotel. The Chocolate Bliss package includes: beautifully appointed accommodations at the Harbor Court Hotel; two tickets for the San Francisco Gourmet Chocolate Tour on Friday or Saturday (which includes seven tastings), and complimentary continental room service breakfast for two. To book, please www.harborcourthotel.com. Starts at just $249.
Gettysburg is commemorating the 150th Anniversary of the famous American Civil War battle and President Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address.
Memories of a President Package – Historic Gettysburg Hotel.
Kimpton’s “Take it Off for Love” Rate, which will be available at all 12 Kimpton Hotels in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland.
With this rate, the more nights travelers stay, the bigger the discount Kimpton takes off of the price. (One night stays are only 10% off, two night stays 20% off, and three night stays 30% off.) This rate is available for Thursday – Sunday night stays now through March 3, 2013 – including Valentine’s Day weekend.
Treat your Valentine to a romantic getaway at historic Rancho De La Osa located in Tucson, Arizona. Enjoy a delectable 3-course dinner, overnight accommodations in one of the ranch’s cozy classic rooms with a fireplace, a bottle of wine, chocolate truffles, and a full, hot breakfast before departing in the morning. Choose your special night for this “romance package” offered February 14th, 15th, or 16th, 2013, at a rate of $249.00 per couple, plus tax and service charge.
Keystone’s Kids Ski Free in Vail, CO provides unmatchable value on over 135 trails and 20 lifts across the 3,000 acres of family-loving Keystone, the #5 most-visited resort, this 2012-2013 ski season. Details include:
- All children 12 years of age and under ski and snowboard free every day (no cap on number of children per family)
- No blackout dates, available on all weekends and holidays
- Available for booking at any lodging property owned and operated by Keystone Resort, including over 900 condos in over 30 complexes
To book please visit http://www.keystoneresort.com/?cmpid=PARPR0008 or contact 877-204-7889.
*Note: Minimum two night stay required.
Red Mountain Resort is a holistic active resort located in amidst Southern Utah’s red rock cliffs and canyons. The resort is a one-of-a-kind active destination retreat, perfect for a romantic getaway, and was recently named World’s Best Destination Spa by Travel + Leisure Magazine.
Red Rock Sweethearts Package, $315 per person, per night
Add adventure with chocolate to win your active sweetheart over. This 4-day/3-night getaway includes a rock climbing adventure, daily guided hiking, fitness classes, 3 healthy gourmet meals each day, and as a reward, a 80 minute Couples Chocolate Wrap & Loving Massage.
Escape to the majestic Omni Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire and enjoy a self-guided cross-country ski or snowshoe tour with stops offering romantic chocolate tastings. Pick up a Sweetheart Card to determine your tour’s path and then head out for the romantic day that awaits. This self-guided decadent tour can be enjoyed by cross-country skis or snowshoes with each tour stop offering an enjoyment of chocolate. Afterwards, cozy up by the fire with your sweetheart while warming over a cup of hot chocolate. Sweethearts’ Chocolate Tour $10 per couple exclusive of trail pass and rentals. Sweethearts’ Moonlight Nordic Ski & Snowshoe Tour is complimentary with purchase of a trail pass. Tours available Feb 16, 2012.
This Valentine’s Day, spoil the special man in your life with a “shirt, shot and shave” gentleman’s package at the The Nines, in Portland, Oregon. The “Tailor Made for Him” package includes accommodation, whiskey amenity upon arrival, a custom-made shirt from Michael Allen’s Clothier along with a VIP appointment and fitting, shaving amenities and accessories and complimentary hotel parking. Rates from $399.
No Valentine? No problem! Females can fall in love with the Omni Bedford Springs Resort in Bedford, Pennsylvania this Valentine’s Day with the Single Ladies event February 14th. Enjoy a night out with the girls and indulge with a private group cooking and mixology class at the Chef’s Table followed by dinner, a dip in the Springs Eternal Spa’s Bedford Baths, cigar and s’mores at the outdoor fire pit as well as a spa amenity to remember your night. Event reservations $150 per person. Accommodations with purchase of event are $149.00 per night, based on double occupancy.
Midcoast Maine Valentine’s Day Package at the Samoset
Treat the one you love to a relaxing and romantic escape to this seaside resort located in Rockport, ME, and make Samoset the place to rekindle romance.
$399 Package Includes:
- One night luxurious accommodations in a Suite overlooking the ocean and Penobscot Bay
- Romantic Valentine’s Day dinner for two in the Italian restaurant, La Bella Vita Ristorante
- Restful Room Service Breakfast for two
- Two one-hour massages in the new Spa couples room
- Valentine’s Champagne or Cocktails & Chocolate-Covered Strawberries in-room upon arrival
- Rose Petal Turndown Service
Head outside and lace up your ice skates on Samoset’s 100 x 50 foot skating rink overlooking the sailing capital of the world, Penobscot Bay, and the islands North Haven and Vinalhaven, summer home to the du Pont family.
Call 800.341.1650 or Check Availability
*Based on availability. Restrictions apply. Excludes taxes, fees and gratuities.
Ski packages from Santa Fe Sage Inn
The Ski for Free package from the Santa Fe Sage Inn is one of the best deals going. Book a room for two nights and receive two free lift tickets to Ski Santa Fe. Packages start at $239.
Hotel Santa Fe’s Ski Package includes a junior suite, breakfast, and ski area lift tickets starting at $229. It can be based on a one-night or a three-night stay.
From February 3 to March 2, 2013, Milliken Creek Inn & Spa will be offering a “We Romance, You Relax” package for those who would rather be romanced than stress about romancing. The package includes:
- Two-night stay in a Milliken Room
- One one-hour private yoga session with Kathy Stewart from Napa’s acclaimed Yoga in Napa on Milliken’s canopied deck (weather permitting)
- Chocolate Indulgence wine and chocolate pairing at Artesa Vineyards & Winery, which includes limited production red wine selections and gourmet chocolates from local shop, La Foret. The experience also includes a flute of Artesa’s Grand Reserve Sparkling Wine.
- One 90-minute Chocolate Decadence spa treatment in Milliken’s applauded spa
- Daily gourmet breakfast for two served in-room or anywhere on property
- Concierge assistance in planning Napa Valley outings including winery visits and dinners
- Two guest passes to Synergy Wellness and Fitness Center
- Daily sunset Magic Hour wine and cheese reception
- Late-night cordial bar
The “We Romance, You Relax” package starts at $870 per two night stay (plus tax) and is valid on stays starting February 3, 2013 through March 2, 2013. Package is subject to availability and change. Higher rates may apply on weekends and during holidays. Tax, service charge, and spa gratuities are not included. Deluxe and Luxury rooms available for an additional fee. The package is bookable by going here and entering booking code “LOVE” or calling 800.822.8418 and mentioning the package.
The Meritage Resort and Spa in Napa, California. The packages listed below are perfect for a romantic couple’s weekend for Valentine’s Day or President’s Day Weekends. For those wanting to travel with children, The Meritage Resort is also home to Crush Ultra Lounge with six luxury bowling lanes for families to enjoy from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily (after 7 p.m. Crush Ultra Lounge becomes an adults only venue) and a family pool complete with fire pit, squirt pad/fountain and spa. The on-site Trinitas Cellars tasting room also offers a wine and chocolate pairing for adults (I just did it on Saturday for the first time, it was amazing) and they mentioned they can do fun, non-alcoholic, tastings for children and teens who want to enjoy the experience with their parents.
Spa Terra special:
- Romance is in the Air: Expand your soul connection with a side-by-side couple’s massage in our candlelight room with aromatherapy oils specifically created to enhance love and your heartfelt experience of each other.
- The 50-minute massage is a combination of medium and light pressure; includes aromatic scalp massage within treatment time and two glasses of bubbly. Connect with your sweetheart for $250 per couple, a Valentine savings of $50.
Located in the heart of downtown San Diego, the Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego is embracing the romance this year by inviting guests to embark on an alluring escape to set you in the perfect mood for Valentine’s Day. The Love Is In The Air package includes:
- Daily breakfast for two at Pinzimini
- Sparkling wine and strawberries delivered to your room
- Sleep in with 4pm late check-out
- Valid for stays February 14 – February 17th
- Rates from $249/night
For an overnight escape sure to wow her, the Westlake Sweet Escape in Westlake Village, CA combines luxury accommodations with romantic touches that are both traditional and indulgent.
The Westlake Sweet Escape includes:
- Overnight accommodations in a Mini Suite with picturesque rose arbor or golf course views
- In-room delivery of champagne and specialty dessert for two
- Sweet chocolate turndown service
Overnight package pricing begins at $189 which represents a 31% savings and can be reserved by calling 800.535.9978. The Westlake Sweet Escape is available February 1-28, 2013 and is subject to availability.
Now save 10-50% on 66 hotels, attractions, museums, wine tasting, sunset cruises, and more with the Santa Barbara Car Free “Green Vacation” create-your-own package. PLUS, save 20% on Amtrak train fares to Santa Barbara!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.