I highly recommend not traveling until the vaccine rolls out and COVID-19 cases go significantly down but for those who have to travel and are being extremely careful, it’s good to know that LAX has a new COVID-19 testing lab that yields results in three hours. This information is also helpful for planning your future travels, whether LAX is your home airport or you’ll be passing through to go somewhere else.
It’s located across from Terminal 6 on the Lower/Arrivals level. Guests can access the facility by vehicle drop-off along the outer arrivals curb at Terminal 6, or by walking from any of the parking structures. For pedestrians coming from Terminals 1, 2 and 3, a shorter path to the testing site is possible along East Way, Theme Way and West Way. This is the only location at LAX that offers rapid results in 3-5 hours.
The other two testing sites at LAX only conduct the PCR nasal swabs, which need to be brought to the lab for processing and take a lot longer (usually within 24 hours.) The locations are the Tom Bradley International Terminal (on the Upper/Departures level at the check-in counters located in Aisle C, along the north side of the terminal) and at the Terminal 2 (Lower/Arrivals Level baggage claim area).
Hours of operation: The test sites will be open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the lab location across from Terminal 6, and 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Terminal 2 and Tom Bradley locations.
Appointments: Appointments are strongly recommended and can be booked online here. Tests may be available on a walk-up basis, depending on demand.
Standard PCR test cost: $125
Guests will receive an itemized receipt to submit to their insurance providers for reimbursement, if the tests are covered by their healthcare provider.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.