Last week one of my Twitter followers tagged me in a tweet showing current LAX stats offered by the @flyLAXstats handle. The account wasn’t verified and didn’t have many followers or tweets, so I didn’t know what to think, but I liked what I was seeing so I followed it.
It turns out that @flyLAXstats is LAX’s new Twitter feed that’s officially being unveiled tomorrow (Thursday, May 23). It’s an expansion of a pilot program run through the @FlyLAXairport last winter and it includes real-time information on traffic (updated every 30 minutes), parking (updated every 30 minutes) and TSA wait-time statuses (updated every 15 minutes). As noted in the press release:
“The @FlyLAXstats feed will provide travel times to the Central Terminal Area from Sepulveda/Westchester; from Century/405; and via the 105 from the 405. It will also include the time it takes a car to navigate the central terminal area loop on either the lower or upper level. In addition to travel times, the account provides real-time parking updates, showing parking space availability in the Central Terminal Area parking structures as well as the new Economy Lot E. Parking information comes directly from LAX parking systems and can also be found on our FlyLAX.com website. And, for the first time, LAX is providing wait times at each of the TSA screening locations through a pilot program with aviation technology startup Plot. These sensors will use a suite of technology including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to measure the wait time for passengers from the time they enter a checkpoint queue until they step through the final TSA scan.”
Even if you aren’t on Twitter, I highly recommend you at least visit on the @FlyLAXstats handle’s page before you head to LAX so you know what to expect (the earlier you check it, the better).
- Travel Video of the Week: LAX Airport Insider Tips
- How to See What Traffic Is Like at LAX
- Inside the Private Suite at LAX, the U.S.’s Most Exclusive Airport Lounge
- My Trick for Getting Ubers at LAX in Less Time
- You Can Now Reward Exceptional Airport Employees at LAX
- Where to Find Each Airline at LAX
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.