I’ve been working with Allianz Global Assistance (the leading travel insurance provider) for over three years. They’re not only an amazing company providing a safety blanket for travelers (including me and my family) but a great company to work with, as well.
When Allianz asked Lee Abbamonte, one of my business partners and the youngest person to visit every country in the world plus the North and South Poles, to create a fun and informative video for travelers, we decided to start with one on Los Angeles. L.A. is the second-largest city in the United States (after New York) and it’s one of my favorite cities in the world. That’s why I’ve lived here for more than half my life and why Lee has visited the City of Angels over 200 times.
What makes L.A. so great—besides the weather and landscape—is that there’s so much to do, see and eat. Seriously, the possibilities are endless. From hiking to surfing to watching a professional sports game or hanging out at the beach, you can do it all in L.A.
Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to get good, quick information on what to do as a visitor on a layover to Los Angeles. That’s where our new web series steps in. The Layovers takes viewers along for a lighthearted, comedic ride as we give our advice and tips on seeing a destination during a short or overnight layover.
One of the places featured in our pilot episode is Tomorrow’s Aeronautical Museum at the Compton-Woodley Airport. It’s run by Robin Petgrave. Robin is also the chief pilot of Celebrity Helicopter, which is arguably one of the best ways to see Los Angeles and a local best-kept secret. Even my friends who grew up 15 miles away didn’t know about it, let alone that Compton has an airport at all.
Hopefully, you’ll like the video and give it a thumbs up on YouTube. If you don’t, let us know why in the comments (below or on YouTube) so we can incorporate your feedback in the next one.
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.