I’ve been working with Allianz Global Assistance (the leading travel insurance provider) for over three years. They’re not only an amazing company providing a safety blanket for travelers (including me and my family) but a great company to work with, as well.
When Allianz asked Lee Abbamonte, one of my business partners and the youngest person to visit every country in the world plus the North and South Poles, to create a fun and informative video for travelers, we decided to start with one on Los Angeles. L.A. is the second-largest city in the United States (after New York) and it’s one of my favorite cities in the world. That’s why I’ve lived here for more than half my life and why Lee has visited the City of Angels over 200 times.
What makes L.A. so great—besides the weather and landscape—is that there’s so much to do, see and eat. Seriously, the possibilities are endless. From hiking to surfing to watching a professional sports game or hanging out at the beach, you can do it all in L.A.
Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to get good, quick information on what to do as a visitor on a layover to Los Angeles. That’s where our new web series steps in. The Layovers takes viewers along for a lighthearted, comedic ride as we give our advice and tips on seeing a destination during a short or overnight layover.
One of the places featured in our pilot episode is Tomorrow’s Aeronautical Museum at the Compton-Woodley Airport. It’s run by Robin Petgrave. Robin is also the chief pilot of Celebrity Helicopter, which is arguably one of the best ways to see Los Angeles and a local best-kept secret. Even my friends who grew up 15 miles away didn’t know about it, let alone that Compton has an airport at all.
Hopefully, you’ll like the video and give it a thumbs up on YouTube. If you don’t, let us know why in the comments (below or on YouTube) so we can incorporate your feedback in the next one.
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.