This time of year, as the weather begins to cool and people bring their winter clothes out of storage, the full glory of nature is on display. A quintessential autumn event, the changing color of the leaves brings thousands out into the wilderness to pay witness to the beautiful reds, oranges, and yellows of deciduous trees.
But instead of hiking or driving out to see all of the foliage, why not find the perfect spot to enjoy the scenery while keeping all the creature comforts close at hand? Here is a list of some of the better, intimate inns and bed and breakfasts that offer beautiful views of the trees:
Lucille’s Mountain Top Inn & Spa –Sautee Nacoochee, GA: Sitting atop a mountain does have its advantages. This 10-room inn boasts 360 degree views of the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia. Admire the canopy of color from a rocker on the wide deck before taking in a game of badminton or croquet on the lawn with the foliage as your scenic background.
Wildberry Lodge–Leicester, NC: This rustic log cabin lodge is situated on 45 acres in the Great Smokey Mountains and a short drive to downtown Asheville. You can step out onto their sundeck or flagstone patio to admire the foliage or soak up the views from the private porch off the Blackberry Suite.
Lookout Point Lakeside Inn–Hot Springs, AR: Indulge in deep relaxation at this retreat situated in the Ouachita Mountains overlooking placid Lake Hamilton. Enjoy your morning coffee and the foliage view from your private deck before taking a walk along the labyrinth waterfront trail.
ECCE Bed & Breakfast–Barryville, NY: You can thank the inn’s location on a bluff 300 feet above the Upper Delaware River for the spectacular panoramic views of the Pennsylvania and New York mountain ranges. Savor your morning meal on one of their porches overlooking the river valley while admiring the burgundies, tangerines and golds.
The Swag Country Inn–Waynesville, NC: Finding the foliage won’t be a problem at The Swag Country Inn. With a vantage point to four of North Carolina’s highest mountain ranges, you can sit back on the front porch and admire the sweeping views before savoring a romantic, gourmet picnic by the meadow.
Bear Mountain Lodge Bed & Breakfast (www.BnBFinder.com/BearMountain)–Bethlehem, NH: Attention outdoor enthusiasts: This 9-room rustic retreat on 26-wooded acres of New Hampshire’s White Mountains was made just for you. Head out for a day of ziplining, hiking or white water rafting before relaxing on the inn’s wraparound deck surrounded by foliage-covered hills.
Berry Springs Lodge (www.BnBFinder.com/BerrySprings)–Sevierville, TN: Spark the romantic flame at this secluded inn nestled in the foothills of the Smokey Mountains. Snuggle up on the inn’s rustic deck as you take in the brilliant reds and golds by the light of the setting sun, and then escape the evening chill as you warm up next to the camp fire.
Cloverdale (www.BnBFinder.com/Cloverdale)–St. Andrews, MB: Experience rustic elegance at this 3-room handmade log home located in a peaceful country setting outside of Winnipeg. Unwind on the inn’s charming front porch with a warm cup of coffee while admiring the autumn foliage and the local wildlife.
Run of the River Inn and Refuge (www.BnBFinder.com/RunoftheRiver)–Leavenworth, WA: This 7-room inn rests on a high water channel of the Icicle River and is partially surrounded by the Washington Department of Wildlife bird refuge. You can choose to view the fall colors from a seat on your suite’s private deck and the inn’s porch or take a hike using their complimentary outdoor gear.
Cameron’s Crag Bed & Breakfast (http://www.bnbfinder.com/CameronsCrag)–Hollister, MO: Sitting atop a bluff overlooking Lake Taneycomo and the Branson skyline, this inn offers an exceptional vantage point to view the bright oranges and radiant reds of the changing foliage. Take a soothing soak in your suite’s hot tub located on your private wrap-around deck.
So book a room and curl up under a warm blanket with a hot cup of coco and experience all visual splendor nature has to offer!
To view a full list of fall getaway specials and packages, visit: http://www.BnBFinder.com/Fall
Photos courtesy of www.BnBFinder.com
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.