Thanks to a partnership between the Anthem Foundation and the American Heart Association (AHA), air travelers can learn a version of CPR, for free, in their free time at airports across the country: “Travelers can now learn Hands-Only CPR in just a few minutes at [airport kiosks] that provide quick lessons and practice using a video touch-screen and a CPR mannequin.”
According to Stuck at the Airport, “each kiosk has a touch screen with a short video that provides an overview of Hands-Only CPR, followed by a practice session and a 30-second test. With the help of a practice mannequin, or a rubber torso, the kiosk gives feedback about the depth and rate of compressions, as well as proper hand placement – which are the key factors that influence the effectiveness of CPR. Instructions are offered in English or Spanish and include closed captioning.”
A total of 27 kiosks can now be found throughout the U.S. with 11 of those in the following airports:
- Chicago O’Hare
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky
- Dallas-Fort Worth
- Las Vegas
According to the AHA, more than 350,000 heart attacks happen outside of a hospital, and about 20% happen in public areas like airports. So far, 91,000 people have trained for CPR using these kiosks. If you see one or use one, let us know in the comments!
- Research Neighborhood Safety Scores Before You Travel
- Drowning Prevention & Water Safety from the USSSA
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,236!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.