This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
With all the natural disasters the world’s facing these days, it would be smart to take some precautions at home and especially on the road. One incredible invention/device that every travel and emergency/disaster preparedness kit should have is called the LifeStraw, designed by the Swiss company Vestergaard Frandsen. It was originally designed to help provide clean drinking water in poor communities around the globe, but it can also be a life-saving travel tool. LifeStraw can filter up to 1,000 liters of contaminated water without iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals and it does not require batteries and has no moving parts. According to their press material, it removes a minimum of 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites from water and filters to 0.2 microns, which means it surpasses EPA filter standards. It measures 9″ x 1″ x 1″, making it perfectly compact for travel. It usually retails for $30 but at the time of this publication, is on sale for $15. Buy LifeStraw here.
RELATED READING: 10 Items to Always Have in Case of An Emergency
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.