With all the natural disasters the world’s facing these days, it would be smart to take some precaution at home and especially on the road. One incredible invention/device in that category is called the LifeStraw, designed by the Swiss company Vestergaard Frandsen. It was originally designed for the poorest of the poor but it could also be a life-saving travel tool. LifeStraw can filter up to 1,000 liters of contaminated water without iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals and it does not require batteries and has no moving parts. According to their press material, it removes a minimum of 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites from water and filters to 0.2 microns, which means it surpasses EPA filter standards. It measures 9″ x 1″ x 1″ and costs $17 on Amazon.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.