This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
With all the natural disasters the world’s facing these days, it would be smart to take some precautions at home and especially on the road. One incredible invention/device that every travel and emergency/disaster preparedness kit should have is called the LifeStraw, designed by the Swiss company Vestergaard Frandsen. It was originally designed to help provide clean drinking water in poor communities around the globe, but it can also be a life-saving travel tool. LifeStraw can filter up to 1,000 liters of contaminated water without iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals and it does not require batteries and has no moving parts. According to their press material, it removes a minimum of 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites from water and filters to 0.2 microns, which means it surpasses EPA filter standards. It measures 9″ x 1″ x 1″, making it perfectly compact for travel. It usually retails for $30 but at the time of this publication, is on sale for $15. Buy LifeStraw here.
RELATED READING: 10 Items to Always Have in Case of An Emergency
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.