Do you sometimes (or all the time) have difficulty putting your phone down? Maybe when you travel, especially? Moment is a free app for iOS and Android that was designed to help people optimize their phone usage on the road and at home. Per the website, it does three main things:
See how much time you’re spending on your phone and which apps you’re using most.
Reimagine your relationship with your phone, one day at a time, through guided coaching sessions at your own pace.
See your family’s device usage and establish screen-free times.
You can set daily limits on your phone usage so that you’re notified when you surpass them. You can see how you spend that time, not unlike what current versions of iOS and Android offer, and uniquely you can let the “Moment Coach” encourage you toward a more mindful approach to your phone. As the website says, “Those who utilize the Moment Coach gain an hour back each day by applying simple strategies that reduce their phone usage. Everyday, all Moment users combined get back 49 years of time to spend on what really matters to them—meaningful experiences with friends and family, exploring their passions, and living life in the moment.”
Whether that’s true or not, Moment is effective at making you think more about your usage. It will ping your phone with prompts (ironically) to hone your habits, so know that going in. If you’d just like to use it when you’re in a new destination, you can toggle the daily limit pings on and off as you like.
Have you tried Moment? Do have another app or tool that you use to keep your phone usage down? Share it in the comments below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.