This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
If you have a credit card that earns Citi ThankYou points, you have another airline loyalty program to transfer points to. The newest limited-time Citi transfer partner is American Airlines. Even the $0 annual fee Citi credit cards can participate. However, this transfer window is only for a short time.
Limited Time Citi Transfer Partner: American Airlines
Citi ThankYou currently has more than 15 airline and hotel transfer partners with a 1:1 transfer ratio.
You can add American Airlines to the portfolio (temporarily). It’s possible to transfer ThankYou points to American Airlines from July 18, 2021, to November 23, 2021.
While that’s not exactly a long time, it’s sufficient time to offload some ThankYou points and book an award flight in the second half of 2021.
As most of the Citi ThankYou airline transfer partners are international carriers, this partnership is a relatively easy way to book domestic flights if you want to avoid the hurdle of redeeming miles for alliance partners.
However, if you are planning a trip abroad, American also serves several international destinations open to United States residents.
Participating Citi Credit Cards
One unique feature of this partnership is that any card earning Citi ThankYou points can transfer miles. With the full-time Citi transfer partners, only the credit cards with an annual fee can transfer ThankYou points.
These two cards are:
The transfer ratio is 1:1 for these two cards that charge an annual fee.
In this instance, the two Citi ThankYou cards without an annual fee can transfer miles:
- Citi Rewards+® Card
- The Citi ThankYou Preferred (no longer accepting new applications)
While it’s awesome to have transfer capabilities, the transfer ratio is only 2:1. If you also happen to have a Citi Prestige or Citi Premier, you’ll get more mileage by taking the extra step of combining your miles and transferring from an annual fee card first.
Related: Best Citi Credit Cards
This limited-time Citi transfer partner promotion with American Airlines is an exciting option to book domestic flights or international fares from a domestic airline. For ongoing American Airlines benefits, you can try one of the co-brand American Airlines credit cards.
- Check Out the Sleek New Citi Card Designs
- Best American Airlines Business Credit Cards
- The Best Metal Credit Cards
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.