I don’t know anyone, besides a movie star or two, that travels with a personal trainer. I can only imagine how in shape I would be if I did travel with one. Well, good news (for me, too): Thanks to technology, there’s now a low-cost way of doing it.
I recently featured a tool that helps you find hotels that have Peloton bikes, with which members/riders can join live classes. But if you don’t like riding a bike, or going to a gym, you might want to check out Livekick, which offers private and small group fitness and yoga training through live, two-way video conferencing. It all happens via an iOS app. With Livekick, you can take part in FaceTime-type training sessions with a real personal trainer from anywhere in the world. According to the website:
“A Livekick session is a 30-minute personal training or private yoga session done through live interactive 2-way video from the comfort of your own home, gym, office, hotel room or anywhere else.
“Just like on a FaceTime or a Skype call, your Livekick trainer will meet you on live video through the Livekick website or iOS app. You can do your sessions from anywhere! All you need is some space, a laptop, phone, tablet, or a TV with a streaming device and Internet connection. No equipment is required, but if you do have some items such as a yoga mat, yoga blocks, dumbbells, kettlebells, resistance bands, a small bench, etc. – those are great additions! Your trainer will work with whatever you have (or don’t have!). Of course, if you want to incorporate more equipment then of course you can use Livekick from your local gym or yoga studio using your iPad, tablet, or iPhone with the free stand we’ll send you!”
Each Livekick trainer has at least one top-level certification from an accredited organization in his or her field, like the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), and International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA). Yoga teachers, meanwhile, must be certified by Yoga Alliance, a non-profit that keeps track of registered yoga teachers (RYTs) and registered schools (RYSs). And all trainers are required to go through a 4-12 week training that includes reading a “Culture Book” and studying the company’s methodology and the practical training of three internal Livekick employees.
Another thing that’s really great is that Livekick has trainers across the globe to accommodate all time zones. All trainers also speak native or native-level English. If you’re the type of person that needs a trainer to get you motivated, you might want to check Livekick out. It seems like a great way to stay in shape that doesn’t require deep pockets.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.