Gone are the days of cramped convention halls and standing around in ridiculously long lines. Fan-boys and Fan-girls of a discerning taste can now turn to Livingsocial for glamorous events done right. Livingsocial is the top spot online and via mobile to access exclusive daily deals and special experiences at local business.
Kicking off a partnership to bring their fans closer to the on-screen action, HBO teamed up with Livingsocial to host a series of fan events centered around the premiere of the cable network’s Emmy Award winning series Boardwalk Empire.
Livingsocial coordinated three unique parties spanning the country, in each of: New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles. I attended the Los Angeles event and was swept away back to a time of bootleggers, speakeasies, and hot live jazz.
The Los Angeles event took place aboard a fabulous yacht (Tel.: 310827-2220; FantaseaYachts.com) that set sail from Marina del Ray and took its guests for a scenic two-hour cruise around the harbor.
During the cruise, to bring the prohibition-era theme to life, Livingsocial provided complimentary whiskey tastings, an open bar, casino games (Tel.: 866-468-1624; mikescasinonights.com) and a swinging jazz band, the Dustbowl Revival.
Nucky would be proud
Livingsocial hit the mark with the perfect amount of attendees, around one hundred guests. The yacht never seemed overcrowded. I love it when you can attend a fun party and you’re not stuck standing in long lines for either the bar or the bathroom. Plus, the people that Livingsocial attracts are genuinely fun-loving individuals. Everyone in attendance came dressed in some degree of Boardwalk Empire costume. From mink stoles and pin-stripe suits to flapper gowns and bowties, this was one classy crowd!
The Whiskey tastings were done in small groups and featured a knowledgeable host pouring some of the best whiskey around. I was surprised with the brands available for tasting, especially the Johnny Walker Blue Label. It’s a rare day I get a generous, complementary pour of Johnny Walker Blue. Considering a bottle will set you back a couple hundred bucks, it was an unexpected surprise to say the least.
The casino games were also a highlight of the event. Of course no money was involved so it took the edge off and had players at my table making outrageously large bets, which turned out to be a lot of fun – even if you lose big the friendly dealers were always there to give you more chips and help you bet better on the next round. If only my Vegas trips could turn out so good!
The real gem of the evening had to be the sneak peek of Boardwalk Empire. Show clips were playing on a continuous loop on flat-screen televisions posted on board the ship. The only downside was you had to wait for the band to go on break to hear the audio, but it was a fantastic setting for fans to see upcoming scenes of the show’s highly anticipated second season.
Photo booths have become staples of any upscale party, but Livingsocial stepped up for this event with photographer Quinn Starr. There was a section of the yacht dedicated to a full-scale photo shoot, with an old-time Atlantic City backdrop, lights and costumes. Partygoers were treated to complimentary black and white photos that looked like they were ready to go into the Capone family album.
Get the Gang Together
Livingsocial says customers have many great adventures to look forward too. Stay tuned to their Adventures website (livingsocial.com/adventures) for future announcements. This particular party cost $175 per person and sold out quickly. So don’t miss out, the next time a shindig like this comes around snap up a couple of tickets quick, you’ll have a roaring good time.
NOTE: This trip was sponsored in part by Livingsocial
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.