Thanksgiving is behind us, and Christmas is coming—and that means a lot more travel is ahead. But where are Americans going this Christmas?
According to the latest report from our friends at Allianz Global Assistance, New York City and London lead the 2016 lists of top domestic and international Christmas destinations respectively for U.S. travelers. New York City, home of glimmering store windows and roasting chestnuts at Christmastime, will unsurprisingly be the most popular destination overall, with over 111,000 out of one million total reviewed travel plans set to include New York.
Domestically, New York City is followed by—in order—Los Angeles, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, San Francisco, Honolulu, Boston, Denver, Miami, and Newark, per Allianz’s data. London, meanwhile, first among international cities, is followed by San Juan, Cancun, Tokyo, Paris, Santiago, Puerto Vallarta, Manila, Santo Domingo, and Bangkok.
“Nothing dampens a holiday quite like a serious illness or injury causing you to cancel your travel plans, not to mention the financial costs associated with significant delays and lost or delayed luggage,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications for Allianz Global Assistance USA. “No matter how prepared you are, Christmas travel will involve some stress, however the right travel insurance policy can provide peace of mind this busy holiday season.”
See: Do I Have Travel Insurance and Which Policy Company Do I Use?
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.