If you’re following me on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter, then you know that I recently returned from Bloomington, Minnesota, home of the largest mall in the United States: Mall of America. It was my third time visiting and each time, their 4.2 million square feet of space (and growing) blow my mind. Not only do they have 520 shops, 50 restaurants, 14 movie screens, an impressive aquarium, miniature golf, three roller coasters, two zip lines, and 20 other rides, but there’s also a swanky hotel attached, the Radisson Blu. And a JW Marriott is slated to open next year. (Here are my ten reasons to visit.)
Mall of America is great for travelers since it’s just a few miles from the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport (MSP), which is a major hub for Delta Air Lines. And it’s easy to travel between the two since there’s a light rail ($1.75) right from the airport to the mall so you don’t even have to go outside to get there—and you can stop by on a long layover.
If you do go, and you plan on shopping (there’s no sales tax on clothes or shoes in Minnesota!), I highly recommend getting one of their coupon books. They cost $9.95 but there’s over $2,000 in savings (from 270 stores) inside. I was there recently with a group of travel video bloggers (check out their videos below) and they all were blown away by the savings.
Through April 10, you can win more than a layover: a four-day trip for two (plus airfare and two $500 gift cards) to Mall of America. Click here for more.
Good to know:
- You can buy the coupon books online but to save on shipping, just go to any Mall of America gift store or guest services desk inside the mall to pick one up
- They have luggage lockers for your carry-on near the aquarium
- The slowest day at the mall (my favorite day) is Tuesday
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.