On June 10, the 72nd Annual Tony Awards will roll into the Big Apple, taking center stage at Radio City Music Hall and just in time, the Sofitel New York has raised the curtain to its Tony Awards-themed suite. The stylish, French-inspired Sofitel New York is located in Midtown on 44th Street, between Fifth and Sixth Avenues so it’s just a few blocks from the theaters.
My wife, son and I were fortunate to enjoy a hosted stay in the luxury terrace suite, located on the hotel’s 24th floor. It has seriously breathtaking views of Manhattan’s skyline and the wraparound terrace is so big, you’ll want to invite all your friends over for cocktails at sunset … and after that, who knows what’ll happen. Maybe a show tunes singalong if you’re a huge Broadway fan!
Inside the spacious Tony Awards Suite, guests will find memorabilia and Tony-themed amenities that spotlight the evolution of Broadway and the character it has brought to New York City. Amenities include a Tony song book, award-winning scripts, opening number photography, programs, invitations, Playbills from 1960 and beyond, and more. When we first entered the suite, there were clips from previous Tony Awards shows playing on the TV and there’s a Broadway street sign in the room. There’s even a dressing room mirror with light bulbs all around that’ll make you feel like a bit of a star yourself.
If you have deep pockets and are a Broadway fanatic, then the hotel’s larger-than-life $100K Tony Awards Package to benefit the Broadway League & The American Theatre Wing should be on your radar.
What do you get for the $100K Tony Awards Package? Guests will spend seven nights, June 4-11, 2018, in the exclusive Tony Awards Suite. Upon booking, Sofitel New York will make a $50,000 donation to the Broadway League & The American Theatre Wing. The package also includes:
- Two tickets to the Tony Awards Honors Cocktail on June 4, 2018 at Sofitel New York
- Two VIP tickets to the 2018 Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 10, 2018
- Styling by the renowned Christian Siriano for a red carpet debut
- Hair and makeup by Nomi Beauty
- Two tickets to the Official Tony Awards Gala and After Party
- Two House Seats for three 2018 Tony-nominated performances of your choosing
Reservations can be made Monday-Friday by calling 212-782-3013 or by emailing Daniel.Harpaz@sofitel.com.
If the 100K package deal is too rich for your blood, not to worry! You can still experience the suite through July 15, 2018 with rates starting at $2,000 per night.
Another option is for Le Club AccorHotels members as the hotel offers Elite Tony Awards packages and experiences. From 20,000 rewards points, members can book any of the following packages with the option of adding a night in a Superior Room and breakfast at Gaby Brasserie:
- The Ultimate Broadway Experience, including two tickets to the Tony Honors Cocktail at Sofitel New York on June 4, 2018 and two tickets to see Hello Dolly at the Shubert Theater.
- The 72nd Annual Tony Awards Ceremony & Gala Experience, including a welcome cocktail, professional hair and makeup to ready for a walk on the red carpet, and two VIP tickets to the Tony Awards ceremony at Radio City Music Hall and Gala event at the Plaza Hotel with roundtrip limousine service.
The 72nd Annual Tony Awards, hosted by Sara Bareilles and Josh Groban, will air live on CBS on Sunday, June 10, 2018. The Tony Awards are presented by the Broadway League and the American Theatre Wing. For more information on the Tony Awards, visit www.TonyAwards.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.