The new Lufthansa Business Class seat was revealed to the public today. It boasts a full-flat, horizontal sleeping surface measuring 6.5 feet in length. The seat, which at the push of a button, converts to a comfortable bed, offers exceptional comfort as a flat bed or as an upright or reclining seat, with its intuitive adjustments, additional storage space and enhanced entertainment system. In a few weeks’ time, when the new Lufthansa Jumbo — the Boeing 747-8 — enters scheduled service, passengers will have their first opportunity to enjoy the features of Lufthansa’s new Business Class cabin.
Another novel feature is the innovative seating arrangement in the form of a “V”. Two neighboring seats are angled towards one another along a central axis. This solution enabled Lufthansa to fulfill one of the main wishes expressed by customers – to sit or lie facing the direction of travel. This seating arrangement also enabled Lufthansa to virtually double the distance between two neighboring seats at shoulder level, which in the future will give Business Class passengers greater privacy.
The new Business Class seat is a major component of Lufthansa’s largest investment to date in its inflight product. Over the next few years, some three billion euros will be channeled into product improvements for passengers. The new seat rounds off the travel experience for Business Class passengers perfectly – from dedicated check-in counters and additional free baggage allowances to fast-track security lanes, access to Lufthansa lounges worldwide and preferential boarding through to exclusive inflight menus and the excellent service provided by the cabin crew. “All of that shows that we are offering our Business Class customers an exceptional experience at every step of the travel chain,” said Jens Bischof. Retrofitting Lufthansa’s entire long-haul fleet of more than 100 aircraft is expected to take four years.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.