The South Concourse of the newly completed Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) at Los Angeles International Airport is now up and running, which adds eight additional gates that can accommodate larger aircraft to the space. The terminal’s design is cutting-edge and offers an array of high-end retail stores, restaurants and bars that give travelers a modern, luxurious lounge experience.
Some facts about the $1.9 billion TBIT:
- The bathroom stalls have enough room for an individual and luggage.
- There are floor-to-ceiling installments of Environmental Media Systems with constantly changing displays—one of which senses when someone is in the vicinity and automatically starts the display.
- The terminal offers free Wi-Fi.
- High-end stores from Hermes to Gucci are available for an up-market mall feel that includes a duty-free shop that has a $46,000 bottle of Balvenie 50-year-old, single-malt whiskey.
- The eating experience is less of a fast food approach and more of a sit-down, higher-quality choices with an emphasis on Los Angeles-based restaurants.
- There will be grab-and-go selections for food that will include Starbucks, Pinkberry and Panda Express.
- The terminal will have options that are new and unique only to the Bradley Terminal—Starbucks, for example, will open Starbucks Evenings, where travelers can enjoy alcoholic beverages and light bites.
- Three L.A. artists will have monumental installations of art throughout the terminal.
- The project was built with environmental sustainability in mind and has a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) silver certification.
- There’s specific access seating for persons with disabilities and their companions.
- There’s an abundance of comfortable charge stations as well as gate seating with plugs underneath for handy recharging.
- There is an outside lounge area for dogs to relieve themselves and run around.
- Parking is still tough, but there are plans to improve the parking structure in the next phase of building.
- There are pet-able dog greeters that will be available to the public and who are part of PUP (Pets Unstressing Passengers). Both trained dogs and their handlers will wear red vests with the PUP logo and will be stationed at various points in the terminal to comfort passengers.
- The opening ceremonial ribbon was cut by an airplane.
Here are some photos of the new terminal:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.